This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Palm Vista Baptist Church
Surprise, Arizona, United States
Date Posted: 06/02/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Part-Time
Palm Vista is a bible-based, life-focused church with an average of 550 in weekly attendance and a music program that embraces traditional, blended, and contemporary expressions of worship. Located in the growing Phoenix suburb of Surprise between senior housing communities to our north and family communities to our south, we embrace people of all ages and backgrounds. We believe that a variety of life-experiences and diversity across generations are vital for a healthy church family, as they are for our own families. We intend on expanding our church family until we reach capacity on our present ten-acre campus and then begin planting new churches across the West Valley. Our goal is not to be a mega-church but rather a community church that plants community churches. In this way we hope to share the gospel message of Jesus Christ both with our community and others like it, leading people into a growing relationship with Him. We also serve our community through the week by providing a state-certified Christian daycare and a private Christian school that will eventually educate students through sixth grade.
YOUTH PASTOR DESCRIPTION
We are seeking a fully-devoted follower of Jesus with a passion and love for God and people of all ages and backgrounds and a special ability to formulate, articulate and implement a clear and compelling vision for the youth ministry of this church and lead students, parents and volunteers in the fulfillment of that vision. The youth pastor must possess proven skills in group dynamics, conflict resolution and people management and the ability to establish and cultivate relationships with and among students, leaders and parents, bring together students of different ages and levels of spiritual maturity and equip and empower youth leaders to serve and encourage them as they do. The youth pastor will work with other church staff members to achieve the overall vision of the church and will fulfill the general responsibilities of a pastor in his area of ministry, including proclaiming the word of God, praying for the church and a vision for it, preparing the saints for works of ministry, and protecting the flock from the influences of the world, flesh, and devil.
YOUTH PASTOR QUALIFICATIONS
1. Must be a follower of Jesus and have been baptized by immersion.
2. Must be committed to sound doctrine and the habits necessary for spiritual growth.
3. Must be a good communicator with the ability to present publicly the Bible and his ministry
4. Must demonstrate leadership abilities and a calling to vocational ministry.
5. Must demonstrate competence in youth-related ministry (undergraduate degree preferred).
6. Must possess at least two years of experience in a similar ministry setting.
7. Must be able and willing to delegate with oversight, manage time well, and plan ahead.
8. Must be a team player and be willing to give and receive feedback.
9. Must command respect and set, communicate and enforce reasonable rules and boundaries.
10. Must be able to teach on the level of the students and relate to them in a fun, engaging way.
YOUTH PASTOR RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participating in church-wide activities, including but necessarily limited to worship services, small groups, special events and ministry and mission programs
2. Planning, staffing and overseeing student discipleship programs, including Sunday school, youth worship and D-groups and identifying and / or developing curriculum for each
3. Developing and executing a plan for community and world outreach appropriate to the youth ministry and in alignment with the overall mission vision of the church
4. Delegating responsibilities and giving ownership of the youth group and its ministries to the students and volunteer leaders, equipping, empowering and encouraging them in their efforts
5. Identifying and recruiting volunteer leaders and training and resourcing them to fulfill their responsibilities
6. Organizing special youth events such as youth camps, 30-hour famine, conferences, socials and outreach ministries
7. Spending time with students, leaders and parents, establishing and cultivating relationships with them and providing discipleship and mentorship as needed
8. Incorporating music, media, technology and current forms of communication into the youth program, keeping it in step with the times
9. Communicating clearly with parents, volunteer leaders and church staff and members about the state of the youth ministry and challenges and opportunities within it
10. Forging partnerships with schools and organizations serving students and cultivating relation-ships with students and parents in the community
11. Participating in the implementation of a mentor ministry at Palm Vista that connects students with men and women who can befriend them and bring them along in various areas of life
12. Assisting with the overall ministry of Palm Vista and performing other duties as assigned by the lead pastor.
For more information regarding the youth pastor position, please contact the Youth Pastor Search Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information regarding Palm Vista Baptist Church, please check out our church website: www.palmvista.com.
NOTE: The position is three-quarter time.