This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship Arts Pastor
Mount Pleasant Baptist Church
Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 09/15/2010
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
The Associate Pastor of Music & Worship is responsible for leading, planning, conducting and evaluating a comprehensive Music and Worship Ministry.
1. Directs the planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of a comprehensive Music & Worship Ministry.
2. Coordinates the church Music & Worship Ministry with the calendar and emphases of the church.
3. Works with the Music and Worship Ministry volunteers and employees to determine Music and Worship Ministry goals, organization, leadership, facilities, finances and administrative processes.
4. Assists the Senior Pastor in planning congregational services of the church and is responsible for the selection of the music.
5. Is aware of weddings and funerals to be held in the church, is available for counsel and arranges and provides music for special projects, ministries, and other church-related activities in cooperation with appropriate individuals or groups.
6. Directs music groups and congregational singing.
7. Is responsible for enlisting and training leaders for the church Music and Worship Ministry.
8. Supervises the work of all music leaders in the Music and Worship Ministry.
9. Works in cooperation with the appropriate persons in selecting, enlisting, training, and counseling with song leaders, accompanists, and other musicians who serve in church program organizations.
10. Coordinates the performance schedules of music groups and individuals in the func¬tions of the church.
11. Gives direction to a Music and Worship Ministry plan of visitation and enlistment.
12. Supervises maintenance of and additions to music library and equipment; provides music materials, supplies, instruments, and other music equipment for use in the church's program.
13. Keeps informed on current music methods, materials, promotion and administration, utilizing them where appropriate.
14. Coordinates the training and use of instrumentalists and vocalists in groups or as individuals.
15. Prepares an annual budget to be recom¬mended to the Budget and Finance Committee.
16. Other general responsibilities:
a. Cooperates with the Senior Pastor, Board of Directors, Deacons, and other staff members in promoting the entire ministry plan of Mount Pleasant Baptist Church.
b. Is available for counseling of church and non-church members, as needs arise.
c. Assists the Nominating Committee in recruiting and enlisting needed workers for all ministry areas.
d. Utilizes the services of the secretarial and facilities staff in a manner consistent with their Position Descriptions.
e. Supplies articles on a periodic basis for use in Mount Pleasant publications relating to Music and Worship Ministry information.’
f. Gives full support to the General Operating Budget of Mount Pleasant Baptist Church and avoids soliciting or expending funds not previously authorized.
g. Serves as an effective staff liaison to assigned Ministry Teams and/or Standing Committees.
17. Basic personal responsibilities:
a. Maintains a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer and meditation.
b. Maintains proper priorities at home and is the spiritual leader to his wife and children, if married.
c. Develops personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
d. Financially support the works of ministries of Mount Pleasant Baptist Church by faithfully giving at least 10% of gross income. Maintains wise stewardship measures over the remaining 90%.
18. Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
Should be physically able to operate a variety of office equipment including computers, type-writers, calculators, copiers, facsimile machines, etc. Must be able to sit and move around in-termittently, and lift light objects. Must be able to communicate clearly with others, particularly orally. Must have sufficient hearing to lead, direct, and instruct in music and worship. Must be able to establish a rapport with people of all ages, and model Christian behavior with integrity. Must be able to deal with sensitive personal issues related to ministerial duties, and maintain the confidentiality of such issues. Performs duties inside, with occasional outside work.
Knowledge, ability and skills:
Knowledgeable in the area of Christian music and worship. Possesses the ability to prepare writ-ten reports, policies and memoranda regarding the music ministry. Possesses the ability to re-cruit and train leadership and worship leaders. Possesses the ability to plan, organize, imple-ment, review, and modify a large, diverse music and worship ministry which ministers to every age and stage of life. Possesses the ability to interact with people from all walks of life courte-ously and effectively and to establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with co-workers and members of the congregation. Possesses the ability to utilize a team approach to planning and implementation. Possesses the ability to operate a personal computer. Must have sufficient computational ability to prepare budget requests for the music and worship ministry. Must pos-sess a good attitude and a team spirit, and interact with co-workers, subordinates, and superiors in a Christ-like manner.
Education, training and experience:
Graduation from a Southern Baptist seminary is highly preferred. Five years experience working in a music and worship ministry program in a church of comparable size is highly preferred. A combination of music and worship ministry background, training and experience may be consid-ered in lieu of formal education.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AND SHOULD NOT BE CON-STRUED AS AN ALL INCLUSIVE LIST OF ALL THE RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS OR WORKING CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION. WHILE IT IS IN-TENDED TO ACCURATELY REFLECT THE POSITION ACTIVITIES AND REQUIRE-MENTS, THE CHURCH RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, ADD, REMOVE, OR AS-SIGN OTHER DUTIES, AS NECESSARY. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTI-TUTE A WRITTEN OR IMPLIED CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT.
Qualified candidates may email their resume' to firstname.lastname@example.org