This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's Ministries
Horizon Community Church
Palmdale, California, United States
Date Posted: 05/25/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor - Christian Education
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Part-Time
HORIZON COMMUNITY CHURCH - Transforming Lives Through Christ
Director of Children's Ministries - Abbreviated Job Description
The mission of the Director of Children's Ministries is to nurture a comprehensive program of Bible-centered spiritual formation for younger children (six weeks through 6th Grade) and their parents.
Accountable to the Senior Pastor and to Session through the Spiritual Formation Committee
- Background, experience and heart for Children's Ministries.
- Good planner and organizer; able to recruit and encourage parents and others to volunteer as teachers and participants in the programs.
- Intimate familiarity with the legal/health requirements of the State of California including a complete background check.
- High school graduate with some college work completed.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Plans and implements Sunday age-appropriate programs for children - pre-school through 6th Grade.
- Provides milestone events for parents and children such as, but not limited to, Kindergarten Bible presentations, 4th Grade Bible presentations, Graduation recognition, Mother's/Father's Day special presentations, etc.
- Writes monthly newsletter article(s) on children's (and, as appropriate, family) activities.
- Coordinates or supervises a Volunteer Coordinator for Vacation Bible School.
- Attends all program staff meetings and events.
NOTE: More detailed information on the job will be provided if candidate is selected for interview.