This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Sierra Madre Congregational Church
Sierra Madre, California, United States
Date Posted: 05/24/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Sierra Madre Congregational Church
Job Title: Youth Ministries Director
Position Status: Full-Time (48 hrs./wk), Exempt, At-Will
• M.A. or M. Div. or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Full agreement with Sierra Madre Congregational ‘s statement of faith along with thorough assent to the essential beliefs of historic Christianity as set forth in the Apostle’s and Nicene creed.
• Demonstrated four or more years experience in a related pastoral ministry position.
• Effectiveness in implementing Youth/ Young Adult ministries and programs that emphasize biblical instruction and Christ-centered discipleship; a ministry that is oriented towards service over entertainment and the ability to integrate a ministry within the wider-church community context.
• Candidate has demonstrated excellent communication skills for imparting biblical truth to students as they wrestle with what it means to follow Christ, experience spiritual growth and are equipped for a life of service and ministry.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills in fostering effective and positive relationships with students and parents; as well as building relationships and partnerships with elders, pastoral staff and other ministries.
• The candidate must demonstrate the ability to work well both independently and as a team member and must exhibit clear characteristics of leadership, initiative, creativity and humility.
• The candidate must possess a thorough understanding of the Bible, has demonstrated a commitment to diligent study and the ability to communicate biblical truth to contemporary youth culture.
• The candidate has demonstrated experience implementing and managing multiple programs simultaneously, leading and/or participating on teams, and the ability to manage others with clarity and grace.
• Possess the ability to plan, recruit, engage and train an effective youth staff which includes meeting deadlines, prioritizing ministry goals responsibilities and creating and maintaining a ministry budget.
• Possesses a working knowledge of MS and various media software.
• As a member of the SMCC Staff the Youth Ministries Director will develop and lead the Sr. High ministry as well as provide functional leadership over the Jr. High ministry staff, programs and activities.
• The Director is required to attend and participate in the weekly staff meeting.
• The Director will attend and support the corporate gatherings of the church body.
• The Youth Ministries Director will provide leadership and accountability for the youth staff and lay leaders.
• The director will develop and lead the youth ministry to meet the needs of the church body and community, including ministries that encourage spiritual development and cultivating leadership by directing the Student Ministries Team (S.M.T.)
• The candidate will also work closely with the pastoral staff and Elders to establish the vision and direction for the ministry and meet regularly to equip, empower and encourage volunteer and paid interns to invest their lives into the lives of the students.
• The Youth Ministries Director will also complement and support the parents of students by communicating plans and goals of the ministry, conducting regular parent meetings and seeking to include and engage them in the overall youth ministry.
• The Director will fulfill all needed administrative and department duties as needed and required.
• The Director will compose a written Annual Report to the congregation by December 20 of each year.
• The Youth Ministries Director will keep abreast of all things related to Youth Ministries and Christian Education by researching, reading, attending seminars and conferences and otherwise continuing education in the field and networking with other local Directors.
• The Director and his staff will serve the students by loving them, meeting them on their level and on their turf, while reflecting the character of Jesus and the spiritual maturity of a faithful disciple.