This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
First Christian Church
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
Date Posted: 05/24/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor - Christian Education
Denominations: Disciples of Christ
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Are you an outgoing, energetic and creative leader, passionate about inspiring children in a lifelong love for God?
Do you possess leadership, team-building, organizational and communication skills to oversee and grow our ministry to children and their families?
Do you have the desire to lead children in finding God’s plan for their lives, discover a vision of who they are and how they can become disciples in the church, the community and world?
First Christian Church of Edmond is looking for YOU!
We have a healthy team and are looking for a full-time Children’s Minister (or Director of Children’s Ministries if you are not ordained) who loves children and fits this ministry description. We are a growing church (550+ attendance in 3 worship experiences) located in a growing suburb of Oklahoma City. We are part of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) a Protestant denomination with a heritage of compassion and concern for all people. Our commitment to extending the love of God to a lost and broken world is carried into every area of ministry, and we seek to inspire Children to be the hands and feet of Christ through mission opportunities.
Our Children’s Minister will work in partnership with eager volunteers who make up our Children’s Ministry team to
vision, plan, organize and implement an effective ministry connecting children (birth through 5th grade) and their families to God, the community, and to each other.
Our Children’s Ministry is bustling year round!
We currently offer:
• One Sunday school hour
• Nursery care (with a coordinator you’ll oversee)
• SPROUTS - a worship experience just for preschoolers
• UNITE - a vibrant Wednesday evening ministry during the school year
(dinner + small groups + fun activities + music)
• A spring “Pastor’s Class” (for incoming 6th graders) and other seasonal events around Easter
• A large summer Vacation Bible School
• Children’s Christmas Programs/Musicals
• Planning and with the children, leading morning worship one Sunday each year
Are YOU the right person for our Ministry Team?
We are looking for:
• Passion for ministry to and with children, parents and families
• Deep commitment to the Christian development of children
• Experience in building dynamic ministry teams for children ages birth-5th grade
• Eagerness to identify new opportunities for the spiritual growth of children
• Demonstrated ability to recruit, lead, train, inspire and care for both paid and volunteer staff
• Clear communication skills and an eagerness to continually look for the best methods
to effectively and consistently communicate with children and families
• Adaptability to the changing needs of families and their children in our changing culture
• A spirit of encouragement, eager to help children know, love and serve God.
• Ability to play nice in the sandbox and to think outside the box
You do not have to be ordained, but you do need previous experience in Children’s Ministry, a love for children and
their families, and a college degree (preferably in Christian education, childhood development or elementary education.)
If this sounds exciting to you and you have the experience, passion, and skill to move our children’s ministry forward,
please send your resume and cover letter introducing yourself to us via email@example.com by June 11, 2010.
A detailed job description is available at www.fccedmond.org/jobs