This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Chief of Staff
Bayside Covenant Church of South Sacramento
Sacramento, California, United States
Date Posted: 05/21/2010
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
TITLE: Chief of Staff
Job Type: Full-time
Reports To: Sherwood Carthen, Lead Pastor
Bayside of South Sacramento (BOSS) was founded in 2004. It is a cross-cultural, cross-class church in an urban setting with a weekly attendance of about 3,000. Our goal is to assist the community of South Sacramento, the Greater Sacramento area, and the rest of the world to come into a healthy relationship with Jesus Christ.
The Chief of Staff has a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people. He* is a pastor to the staff; providing encouragement and direction. He is a leader that thrives in a team environment. He translates and executes the strategic vision of the church as defined by the Lead Pastor and church leadership.
DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS AND SKILLS
1. A mature walk with Christ, evidenced by a strong and well-articulated testimony, personal spiritual discipline, consistency in public and in private, a commitment to moral purity, healthy relationships with others, and healthy relationships with spouse and family (if married).
2. A shepherd leader who thrives in a second-in-command position. Is able to generate, contribute to, and maintain good team chemistry in an environment of constant change. Strong manager, team builder, and staff developer.
3. A strategic planner and global thinker.
4. Has a high tolerance for ambiguity.
5. Not just a problem solver, but energized by problems.
6. Grace oriented, discreet, and compassionate. Does not seek conflict, but uses conflict as an opportunity to build understanding and unity among people.
7. Ability to execute the vision and strategy by developing specific goals, and leading the staff to act on those goals.
8. A genuine multicultural perspective that is intentionally practiced in his daily life.
9. Experienced in the development, reading, and analysis of budgets and financial statements.
10. Excellent, written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
11. A true professional – exemplary work ethic, proactive, energetic and dependable.
12. In agreement with BOSS’s doctrine, mission, and values.
DESIRED SHEPPARDING & PASTORAL SKILLS
1. A pastor to the staff.
2. Proven ability to create and maintain a strong sense of community among the staff.
3. Deeply committed to the growth and protection of the Church.
4. Passion for personal and team spiritual growth.
5. Committed to building a cross-cultural church.
6. Loyal to the Lead Pastor.
1. BA required, degree in a ministry related area preferred.
2. 10 years full time ministry experience or equivalent, with 3-5 years in a multicultural setting preferred.
3. 5-10 years management experience, a significant portion of which within a rapidly growing organization.
1. Ensures that the annual strategic planning process is completed.
2. Leads the staff. Determines the frequency, and nature of all-staff meetings and events. These all-staff gatherings will be designed for the purposes of team-building, equipping, transfer of vision, and ministry coordination
3. Translates the strategic plan into the annual staff operating plan. Ensures that departmental and individual goals and priorities match church-wide goals and priorities.
4. Oversees the preparation, administration, and management of the budget to ensure strategic alignment as approved by the Lead Pastor and the church board.
5. Meets regularly with all direct reports. Ensures staff health, organizational health, and progress toward goals and objectives.
6. Acts as the primary administrative contact with the church board.
7. Visibly participates in BOSS services, events and ministries. Family members (if married) are active members of BOSS.
8. Ensures that the organizational structure aligns with the strategic plan. Ensures that duties and job assignments are aligned to maximize the skills, gifts and talents of the staff.
9. Ensures the implementation and ongoing administration of a performance feedback system for all staff.
10. Identifies where systems and procedures are needed to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the staff.
This is a full-time, exempt position (40+ hours a week with benefits package). Salary is established by qualifications and experience.
*The term “he” used for convenience to refer to either gender.