This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister of Faith Formation
Myers Park Baptist Church
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 05/21/2010
Categories: Christian Education - Small Group Pastor
Denominations: Baptist -- American
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
The Minister of Faith Formation will provide leadership for the faith development programs at Myers Park Baptist Church emphasizing Christian education and adult discipleship in small group and church-wide settings. Provides supervision to the Minister of Youth, Minister of Elementary Children and Minister of Early Childhood. Develops and directs the small group ministries.
• Directs and leads a comprehensive program for spiritual formation and Christian education
o Contributes to our culture of Christian discipleship for all ages.
o Serves as a theological and educational resource to the congregation.
o Provides leadership and supervision to the Ministers of Youth, Elementary and Preschool Children.
o Serves as the liaison between staff and lay leadership by participating on the Board of Education and managing its budget.
• Develops the vision and provides the leadership for adult education
o Plans, directs and evaluates adult education programs.
o Assists in adult class curriculum development.
o Oversees young adult ministries.
o Organizes and maintains Wednesday evening programming.
o Coordinates special adult educational events for the church and larger community.
• Cultivates small group ministries
o Creates and communicates the vision for church small group ministries.
o Promotes the development and growth of a diversity of small groups, helping groups effectively launch and grow.
o Ensures small group leadership and periodically evaluates small group formations.
o Develops and provides training for a network of coaches, leaders, mentors and apprentices who can lead people toward spiritual maturity in small group settings.
o Develops and maintains a resource library of curriculum for small groups, staying abreast of new trends and technologies.
o Maintains a repository of small group formations and actively communicates on small group opportunities.
• Functions as a pastoral minister of the church and assists in worship and worship planning as requested.
• Performs church weddings and funerals.
• Serves as the primary staff person for the Child Protection Policy.
• Maintains content of applicable church web pages.
• Participates in management team staff meetings and retreats.
• Ordained Minister
• Graduate level degree in theology and/or Christian education.
• Five years of ministry experience in a medium to large congregation, preferably with an adult focus.
• Demonstrated leadership in small group development and facilitation skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Committed to personal and professional development.
• Demonstrates a vital and growing Christian faith.
Supervising Work: Establishes clear expectations and sets clear direction; provides regular and ongoing feedback about performance and development opportunities; promptly makes decisions to support the needs of direct reports and others.
Organizing. Plans, gathers and organizes resources (people, funding, material, support) to achieve intended scope; orchestrates and manages multiple activities at once to accomplish goals; uses resources (including self) effectively and efficiently.
Managing Vision and Purpose. Articulates and supports the vision and mission of Myers Park Baptist Church; communicates a compelling and inspired vision for ministry; demonstrates spiritual maturity and sensitivity to others in their search for God.
Influencing Others: Encourages others to cooperate, participate, provide resources or make decisions, in service to the work at hand; uses verbal and nonverbal skills to communicate respect for others, and to generate energy, passion and commitment to an idea; creates an environment in which others want to participate. As a servant leader, is able to be influenced by others.
Creativity and Innovation: Creates and/or develops new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated ideas and concepts; takes acceptable risks in pursuit of innovation; learns from mistakes; uses discernment and applies good judgment regarding which creative ideas and suggestions are feasible.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org