This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 05/20/2010
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Are you called to be a Worship Pastor?
Are you passionate about raising leading a proven music and worship planning system?
Are you interested in expanding an already healthy volunteer structure of over 100 artists?
Are you able to multi-task and manage details related to producing excellent worship services?
Are you interested in helping a growing church continue to grow?
* Ability to manage a large and growing arts ministry
* A team player
* A high level understanding of music and music direction in a contemporary / rock context
* Ability to play guitar and/or piano a plus
* Ability to read and write music notation and chord charts a must
* College Degree or ‘ministry experience’ equivalent in music and worship leading
* A risk taker
* A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
* A high commitment to the local church
* Must have experience in a church of 500 or more
* Must be willing to work up to 60 hours a week when necessary
If you answered yes to all of the questions and believe you can meet the job requirements, please submit your resume & portfolio of you leading worship (either a DVD or video link). Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered.