This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Technical Ministry Director
Northshore Baptist Church
Bothell, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 05/17/2010
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
Northshore Baptist Church is a church of over 2300 located in Bothell, Washington, a Seattle suburb. We are seeking a Technical Ministry Director who will oversee all technical aspects on the Northshore campus and potential extension campuses; recruit, train, lead volunteers; manage PT media staff and media-related projects on campus; and contribute to weekly services as part of the Creative Planning Team. The Technical Ministry Director will report to the Worship Pastor. If interested, please submit your resume along with relevant MP3s and video clips to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5 years’ experience in live sound reinforcement
• Staff and project management experience
• Dynamic Christian leadership, training and scheduling of technical volunteers
• Joyful cooperation with Creative Planning Team of pastors and ministry leaders at NSB
• Professional completion of time sensitive tasks related to weekly events and services
• Live sound mixing, staging and lighting
• Non-linear video editing, HD camera operation
• Computer based broadcast mixing systems
• Projection software and IMAG
• Worship planning software
• Streaming video, podcasting
• Technical equipment problem solving
• Audio and video wiring, soldering, repair, troubleshooting, and maintenance
• Experience with these programs and tools:
o Adobe Production Premium (Premier, Photoshop, After Effects)
o Song Show Plus
o Pro Tools
o Planning Center Online
o Yamaha PM5D
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
• Oversight of Production Elements and Crew for Weekend Services/ Special Events (30%)
o Oversee and be accountable for technical components for each weekend service including sound, lights, video and projection.
o Oversee and be accountable for technical volunteers for weekend services and ensure roles are filled.
o Is a member of the Creative Planning Team and a part of the weekly review and planning for weekend services.
o Help manage Planning Center Online data base.
o Ensure there is technical assistance for all events on and off NSB campus requiring media support.
• Technical Arts Strategy and Implementation (20%)
o Equipment and Maintenance
? Oversee the maintenance of all technical equipment on NSB campus
? Provide recommendations for additional technical equipment needed to achieve NSB technical goals.
? Design, plan, and coordinate the installation of equipment upgrades and new equipment throughout the campus.
o Expansion Projects
? Anticipate technical needs which need to be integrated into any additional physical building expansion as well as remodeling existing space for the most effective current and future ministry use.
? Provide multiple options for achieving goals in order to be fiscally responsible.
o Technology Integration
? Coordinate with the IT department on effective computer and network-based technologies for media distribution, streaming, signage, and digital workstations.
• Volunteer Oversight and Development (20%)
o Provide regular training of volunteers within their area of discipline (sound, lighting, video, projection and video editing)
o Recruit and train new volunteers interested in joining the team.
o Create volunteer schedule on a quarterly basis.
o Provide constructive feedback for volunteers as follow up from weekend services.
• Video Production Team (20%)
o Lead the Video Production Team and manage the successful production of regular video production projects.
o Develop and manage the production schedule for each project, secure necessary equipment, coordinate with the director, provide post production editing, and oversee the final presentation.
• Staff Responsibilities (10%)
o Manage paid staff members of the Technical Ministry team
o Set annual Technical Media budget with Worship Pastor; accountable for tracking and stewardship
o Participate as a leader and director in major NSB Events as directed.
o Execute other pastoral duties as assigned (teach, pastoral care, etc.)