This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Help Staff Me
Greenville, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 05/15/2010
Categories: Associate Pastor - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
Grace Community Church
Worship Pastor Job Description
The worship team pastor provides leadership in the corporate music and worship ministry of the church. The worship pastor is someone who has cultivated a personal and growing relationship with Jesus, skills and abilities in music and worship, and who desires to establish a corporate worship setting that is relevant to people’s everyday lives and is skilled/gifted at leading them into the presence of God.
Reporting to this position:
Worship team members, audio and visual team members
Adult Worship Ministry Leadership
• Plan and carry out varied, creative, innovative, and relevant corporate worship services.
• Schedule, plan, and lead both meetings and rehearsals of the worship team instrumentalists and vocalists.
• Recruit and audition all musicians, as well as sound, lighting, and other technical personnel needed to lead and present excellent worship services.
• Lead the worship team at the church’s worship services.
• Ensure that the church’s music ministry and worship team personnel display a demeanor or attitude that brings glory to God and doesn’t draw attention to individuals or the “performance” of the worship team.
• Create worship team budget, including purchasing and maintenance of music, instruments, equipment, music licenses, sound equipment, lighting, and other worship-related needs.
• Coordinate with other worship service staff and/or volunteers, particularly senior pastor, drama ministry, children’s or youth music ministry, etc. to integrate other appropriate elements into each service.
• Communicate regularly with the senior pastor about the theme of each worship service, selecting music and other elements that reinforce the teaching topic, when possible.
• Know the congregation and be able to respond to their needs during worship services.
• Teach and model principles of worship to the worship team and to the congregation.
• Provide for the spiritual growth of all musicians and support the volunteers who serve in worship.
Youth Worship Ministry Leadership
• All of the above as they relate to youth ministry
• Work with other ministries to fulfill the vision of Grace Community
• Hold regular office hours and be available to members at appropriate times
• Respond to people and issues in a timely manner with redemptive focus
• Lead a life of passionately pursuing God and his Holiness
• Continue to grow as a leader through training, reading, and mentoring
• Meets mutually established annual and strategic objectives
• Maintains a high level of character and professional excellence
• Demonstrates pastoral leadership through empowerment, delegation and team building
• Organizational and planning skills
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Meets basic senior leadership expectations
• Mastery of Worship Planning and F1
Unique Skills and Competencies
• Ability to motivate and recruit others who appropriately fit the church’s purposes and goals for corporate worship
• Ability to encourage and develop people, both spiritually and musically
• Passion for seeing people drawn closer to God through the worship ministry of the church
• Sensitivity for meeting the needs of the congregation
• A listening ear and a thick skin to respond appropriately to critical comments about worship from church members who dislike musical choices, style, etc.
• Gifts of administration, craftsmanship, creative communication, leadership, and shepherding
• An ability to recognize where the church is at in relation to worship and ability and gifts to serve them there and lead them into the presence of God
• Strength, depth and competency of worship team members
• Strength, depth and competency of A/V team
• Communication within worship team and among staff
• Growing responsiveness of church members in worship
• Recognizable atmosphere of God’s presence in our corporate worship services