Children’s Ministry Pastor * Please read this profile with the required qualifications before submitting a resume.BACKGROUND
Cypress Bible Church (CBC) welcomes around 1600 worshippers of all ages to its 31 acre multi-building campus twenty miles northwest of Houston, Texas. CBC is a dynamic church with excellence and innovation in our approach to ministry. From our worship services to our children’s ministry to our publications, we are committed to the truth and authority of the Bible while using creativity and relevance in our methodology.THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for someone to join our pastoral staff team who will continue moving our children’s ministry forward in its effectiveness to reach children and help them grow in their faith. We have 3 primary values that we are implementing throughout our ministries. They are:
Celebrate God with our whole lives (living a life of daily worship). In Children’s Ministries this means a celebrative, kid-oriented atmosphere on Sunday Mornings that helps kids enter into and develop a lifestyle of worshiping God throughout their week.
Building Bridges to reach local and global communities. All of our ministries provide training and opportunities to reach out to others – friends, neighbors, our community and our world. In Children’s Ministries we encourage our children to reach out to their friends, and we provide two major events each year that provide opportunities to reach out to our community – VBS in June and Fall Fest in October. Children’s Ministry is actively involved in global missions awareness and support of CBC missionaries.
Connect with other Christ followers in life shaping relationships. All of our ministries focus on growing and maturing through small group involvement. In Children’s Ministries we provide Buzz groups on Sunday Morning for kids. These are small group environments where kids are led by adults.SPECIFIC MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIESOversee and carry out CBC’s vision in Children’s MInistry
• Aligns Children’s Ministry with CBC’s vision with continual assessment and evaluation of effectiveness of ministry programs and processes.Oversees all ministry to children from birth to 5th Grade
• Sunday morning programming at 9:30 and 11:00 hour
• Xtreme Team Ministry – Wednesday night programming for 5th grade students that trains them in service, ministry and leadership
• Children’s Special Events: VBS, Fall Fest, and other designated events.Oversees and Coaches Staff and Volunteers
• Provides oversight and coaching for Early Childhood Director (paid staff position). Early Childhood Director oversees all ministry from Birth through Kindergarten.
• Provides direct oversight and coaching to Ministry Leaders in:
Jump Kids (1st and 2nd Grade Sun. Celebration Ministry),
Super Church (3rd- 5th Grade Sun. Celebration Ministry),
Elementary Buzz Groups (1st – 5th Grade Sun. Connect Ministry)
Xtreme Team (5th Grade Wed. Evening Serving/Leadership Ministry),
Special K Ministry (Sun. Morning Ministry to children, youth and adults with special needs)
Vacation Bible School (June) & Fall Fest (October)This position reports to Family Life Pastor and has admnistrative support. This position oversees Early Childhood Director.COMPENSATION
The pay range is in the Mid 50's with full benefits.A CONCISE LIST OF POSITION QUALIFICATIONSBefore submitting a resume please affirm that you fit all of the qualifications listed below.
• Spiritually growing, good reputation, ability to lead children and adults, relationally strong with children, parents and volunteers. Good organizational abilities with clear passion to reach and help children grow in their faith.
• 3 or more years of vocational pastoral experience specifically in overseeing a children’s ministry at a church with a minimum of 250 children
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited Bible or Christian college or university with a degree in Christian Education or equivalentCONTACT INFORMATION
Please attach or send a cover letter and your resume to:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cypress Bible Church
Attn: Nancy Niles
11711 Cypress N. Houston Rd.
Cypress, TX 77429