This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
House Church Director
Grace Community Church
North Liberty, Iowa, United States
Date Posted: 05/14/2010
Categories: Discipleship Pastor - Small Group Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Title: House Church Director
Directly accountable to the collective elder team receiving primary directives from the vocational elders. Annual review in April.
Short Summary of Ministry Qualifications:
A passion to see the vision and values of a Great Commandment and Great Commission church are implemented for the advancement of the kingdom in every House Church.
The House Church Director, in conjunction with the Pastor of Ministry Development, will develop and lead our Faith Family Coordinator Team, functioning as a discipler of the Coordinators, who are responsible for discipling and coaching Leaders. The HCD is ultimately responsible for the health of the groups under each Coordinator’s care. The HCD provides spiritual oversight and more advanced pastoral care, conferring with the Pastor of Ministry Development and other Elders to ensure consistent pastoral care, body life development, discipleship and evangelism in all of the groups, culminating in an organically multiplying house church network in which the constituent house churches are routinely experiencing Christ and sharing Him with others.
Definition: The House Churches are a network of small churches in community, together composing the larger body of Grace Community. Being fully the ekklesia, the ideal house church expresses all of the qualities of the healthy larger church in their fullness, draws its authority from and is submitted to the Elders of Grace Community, and its leader is appointed by the Elders or their designee(s).
Purpose: To, in intentional community, experience Christ and share Him with others.
Mission: The House Churches exist to fulfill the Great Commission both individually and collectively: broadly, to go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey all that Jesus commands.
• Experiencing Christ: Intimate, together, active/participatory/contribution of all members (koinonia), result in growth in the life of the believer and the group, and multiplication as end goal, united in spirit and purpose
• Sharing Christ: Service to the larger body and as a self-sustaining, organic venue for outreach, it is an inviting, multiplying, warm and caring place for nonbelievers to come, to have significant relationships with nonbelievers established
Strategy: Acts 2:42-47, 4:32-35
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
Duties to Coordinators:
• Establish a volunteer Coordinator Team whose central ministry is to disciple and coach Faith Family Leaders
• Develop, meet, and encourage Coordinators regularly
• Assist Coordinators in equipping leaders and members for ministry
• Work with Coordinators to provide visitation and pastoral care
• Ensure that reports, group visits and evaluations are completed
• Ensure Coordinators are developing apprentices
• Recruit for and run Leadership Training Seminars
• Centralize data pertinent to the house church network
• Organize regular training and vision casting for Faith Family Leaders in conjunction with Coordinator Team
• Develop an Apprentice Director
Duties to Faith Family Leaders:
• Visit every Group once per year (with Coordinator if appropriate)
• Assist in new Group Leader Training Seminars
• Proactively support leaders through personal contact at least quarterly
• Be available for Group Leader’s special requests
Duties to the Church at Large:
• Corroborate and plan with collective elder team for greater fruitfulness
• Recruit people from the congregation into Faith Families
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience, advanced Theological training preferred
• Experienced Group Leader, Leadership oversight, and pastoral counseling
• Mature Christian with exemplary Christian character
• Proven ability to lead, care for lay leaders, relate well and express the Gospel
• Compassionate, community-focused, pastoral heart, organized, disciplined follow-through
• Compatible with and able to articulate Grace Community’s vision, theology, structure and roles
• Must possess prior experience in multiplication and significant growth in cell-based ministries
• Agree and abide by Grace Community Church doctrinal statement
ABOUT GRACE COMMUNITY CHURCH -
To bring in, build up, and branch out to the glory of God.
Grace Community Church exists to bring the people of our community into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ through the witness of the church in the power of the Holy Spirit.
Grace Community Church exists to build up and equip those who have trusted Christ into mature Christians who reflect their Savior in word and lifestyle.
Grace Community Church exists to branch out its members to minister to one another and to reach out to the world starting with our own community.
Seeking a man to eventually join the pastoral team who aspires to meet the criteria of I Timothy 3 and Titus 1. Must possess prior experience in multiplication and significant growth of cell-based ministries.
Grace Community Church is located just outside of Iowa City, IA and is poised for considerable growth within the next 10 years. Our current attendance is a little over1000 people on an average Sunday. The University of Iowa is located just a few miles from the church campus. Being located in a university town with a world-class medical hospital positions us to literally see hundreds of new faces through the church doors or outreaches in a given year. Our county is noted as one of the fastest growing counties in the U.S. Interested in joining us for impact? Contact us.