This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Aubrey, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 06/08/2010
Categories: Associate Pastor - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
We are seeking an individual with the character, competency, chemistry, and calling to serve as Worship Pastor at Midway.
Our style is adult-contemporary with a band (electric, acoustic, keys, piano, drums, base, some brass) praise teams, and occasional choir. We enjoy a variety of music that resonates with our North Texas, multi-generational church with contemporary leading.
Resumes and Media samples of prospects should be e-mailed to:
or mailed to:
P.O. BOX 210
Aubrey, TX 76227
Below is a ministry description.
Title: Worship Pastor
Reports To: Church Administrator
Works with: Ministerial and Support Staff
Supervises: Worship Pastor Assistant
Scope: Serves as a member of the Ministry Staff of Midway Church, leading the congregation in
worship by skill and example. Serves as the leader of Production and Programming. In
Associate Pastor’s role, provides leadership in additional specific areas as directed by
Church Leadership. At all times represents Midway Church in a welcoming, God-honoring
manner both at Church and within the community.
Attend to the needs of a spiritually healthy home, leading his family and building those relationships in a way that honors God.
Oversee and assume responsibility for all Elements and the general atmosphere included in worship services
(Rehearsals of band, special music selections and groups, Media teams, drama teams, other special elements)
Set annual goals for the Worship Ministry that are in line with Midway Church’s vision.
Responsible for preparation of all media for Sunday services and church-related outreach
Oversee and schedule all media ministry workers
Oversee all Church publications and advertising, including but not limited to connection media for worship services, brochures, newspaper advertisements, and special communications as needed.
Coordination of Worship Center on Sunday’s, and other events as needed.
Work with Pastor & Mission Pastor on programming and musical elements for annual Mission Emphasis services.
Maintain consistency and appeal of the Church’s Website.
Lead the Worship Team(s) as a small group community and develop others to share in the responsibilities of that team.
Meet regularly with Ministry Team Leaders for brainstorming on series, events, and needs.
Strategically prepares and adheres to an annual budget for the Worship Ministry.
Assist with musical needs related to special events (i.e. weddings, funerals, outreach events)
Provide insight to new and fresh ways to reach the Church and the Community through Worship,
Assist the Senior Pastor for Vision and Direction of the Ministry Team.
With the assistance of staff leadership, develop and oversee annual Midway Church Leadership Conferences to keep and refine the Church’s vision and ministry opportunities in front of the congregational leadership.
Maintain care of selected existing leaders through regular contact, training opportunities, celebration, and visitation.
Encourage the staff and church leaders through prayer and individual contact.
Possibly Preach / Lead Services in Pastor’s absence according to the will of the Pastor and the needs of the Church.
Personal Development (10%)
Connect with other ministers on staff relationally as well as in ministry functions.
Develop spiritual life through study, prayer and fellowship.
Stays current with Ministry trends by taking advantage of materials, training opportunities and attending approved conferences.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Has a testimony of salvation, service, and a call to ministry.
• Displays impeccable loyalty to the Senior Pastor and Midway Church.
• Spends time in prayer on a daily basis.
• Spends time in daily study of God’s Word.
• Spiritually and financially gives to Midway Church through tithes and offerings.
• Maintains a positive attitude at all times.
• Exercises sound judgment and decision-making ability.
• Is involved in personal discipleship and evangelism, either in a small group or one-on-one.
• Competent in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
• Comfortable and competent with the use of technology in worship and competent in sound, lighting, computers, Media shout, and video production.
• Competent in choral, vocal, and instrumental direction.
• A self-starter and self-motivator.
• Possesses the ability to provide skill training to each Worship Team member(s) as needed.
• Strives for excellence in all aspects of life and ministry.
• Possesses the character, competency, chemistry, and calling that fits the needs of Midway Church.
• Holds a global discipleship mindset.