This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship & Creative Ministries Pastor
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Date Posted: 05/12/2010
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Calvary is looking for a person with a passion and gift for leading people into worship; building and training teams; creating and producing culturally relevant service environments that allow people to experience and worship God. Average attendance of our 2 Sunday morning services is 1100. We are located in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada just west of Toronto. To know more about the church, check out our website at www.calvarycambridge.com. Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Along with any mp3 or videos of your worship leading.
We will be contacting only those candidates that qualify for interviews.
Worship & Creative Ministries Pastor
Job Summary: Responsible to implement our Worship Vision; lead and oversee all the creative ministries of CPA. Responsible for producing, deploying, and coordinating multiple creative teams to successfully achieve CPA’s goals in the creative representation of the church. This person will create a collaborative environment among the various creative teams that allows continuous improvement in both the development of ideas and the quality of the CPA worship experience and creative representation of the church. This person will serve as the church’s Worship & Creative Ministries Pastor.
Essential Job Functions
Worship & Creative Ministries Pastor will work under the direction of the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor in the following areas:
• Design services that are thematic and all components are integrated around the one theme.
• Have regular meeting to design services that entail input from the Senior Pastor and the organization of other brainstorming teams.
• Be the Primary Worship leader for services.
• Develop potential worship leaders. Equip and train them to allow them to maintain the same level of excellence as our paid worship Leader.
• Develop, support and coordinate CPA’s creative teams: Sanctuary Choir, Praise, Worship Bands, Special Music, Creative Movement, Seniors Choir, Drama, set and prop design, etc.
• Develop, support, and coordinate teams for each area of the creative ministry.
• Recruit volunteers and insure that all team members are contributing to the values and goals of the team.
• Develop and conduct (or acquire) needed training to equip and continuously improve the giftedness of those involved in each of the creative teams. Striving for excellence at all levels.
• Oversee and develop the church wide prayer strategy.
• Develop and oversee the prayer teams.
• Prepare for regular Seasonal productions including Christmas and Easter
• Develop and Coordinate special events as needed
• Participate in Staff prayer times and meetings
• Support team values with positive interactions and a willingness to
• Promote core values and vision at all times and team teach these
values through the Calvary series.
• Offer counsel when called upon.
• Further responsibilities as needed by the Senior or Executive Pastor.
• Highest sense of Christian Integrity
• Open Communicator - Takes responsibility and admits mistakes
• People-oriented - Prioritizes people over programs
Primary Strengths/Gifts/Talents Required
• Gifted to Lead Worship
• Ability to play an instrument
• Ability to read and arrange music
• Ability to effectively communicate to multiple types of people
• Commitment to recruiting and developing volunteers for long term ministry
• Experience leading a music ministry or experience in a music ministry
• Successful track record of developing and growing a relevant worship ministry
• Bachelors Degree
• Familiarity with / experience with Purpose-Driven and Willow Creek Ministry
• Proven track record of recruiting and training volunteers in worship ministry
• Credentialed with or willing to be credentialed with the PAOC