First Baptist Church in Portland Maine is searching for a Worship Pastor.
We are creating this new, full-time position to oversee all worship services at FBC. FBC is currently equipped with an individual leading the traditional service. The candidate’s main gift should be the ability to lead and organize a contemporary worship service.
A Bachelor’s Degree is desirable at a minimum. He must possess ample musical abilities and leadership competencies to lead worship, build teams, teach skills and shepherd people. He must be spiritually mature, trustworthy, flexible and detail-oriented. The stated mission of First Baptist is ‘Leading people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
A primary focus of this person will be to connect with worshippers of a younger generation, while responding to and respecting all age groups. We desire someone who is an effective communicator with good stage presence, and who has the ability to connect with people individually as well as with the congregation as a whole.If the candidate has administrative skills, FBC will consider that favorably.
Though leading music in the contemporary service is the main focus of our search, if the candidate can dedicate part of his time to performing administrative tasks in assistance to the senior pastor, he may rise to the top.The major responsibilities are as follows:
• Lead the contemporary worship music
• Identify, recruit, and develop leaders, musicians, and vocalists for weekend worship teams (both traditional and contemporary services)
• Draft worship schedules and set-lists for all services and special events
• Oversee and direct contemporary worship team practices
• Research and provide music and materials for worship teams
• Shepherd contemporary worship teams
• Fulfill tasks as assigned by the senior pastor
• Participate in staff meetings
• Oversee all TV, Radio, Sound, lighting and Tech Ministries (as related to the worship services) at FBC
• Communicate with the worship commission (committee) as needed
• Plan music that fits the theme of the senior pastor’s message
• Perform various pastoral tasks such as weddings, funerals, baptisms, hospital visitation and counseling
• Oversee the drama ministry of FBC
• Oversee the Christmas, Easter and other annual musical events
• Evaluate the various aspects of worship services on a regular basis and recommend changes for improvement to the senior pastorThe candidate may be married or single. The salary is dependent upon education and experience. Medical insurance and retirement benefits are provided. Please forward by EMAIL your Resume and Cover Letter, Photo and a Sample of Your Work to the attention of Kathy Larsen Mail:
First Baptist Church
360 Canco Road
Portland, Maine 04103
(207) 773-3123 Phone
(207) 773-4130 Fax