This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Mount Pleasant Baptist Church
Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 05/12/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
The Student Minister is responsible for the development of a comprehensive student ministry at the Mount Pleasant Baptist Church that strives to evangelize, disciple, and shepherd all students in grades 6 -12.
1. Direct the planning, execution, and evaluation of the student ministry for grades 6 – 12 that ensures students understand their importance in helping the church accomplish its Mission of making disciples around the four core values of Worshiping God Personally, Walking with Other Believers, Working for God’s Kingdom, and Witnessing as a Way of Life.
2. Be available to encourage, challenge, and direct students and their parents in individual and group settings by spending adequate time building relationships, exhorting them to be ful-ly-devoted Christ followers, and encouraging them in their spiritual journeys.
3. Evaluate needs for discipleship and implement a plan for discipling believing students.
4. Provide Bible Study for students during the Sunday morning bible study time. This in-cludes planning for space, curriculum and other resources, and the recruitment and training of Sunday School leaders and teachers.
5. Work with all student leadership (Sunday School, Discipleship, Volunteers, and Parents) to coordinate a Student Ministry Calendar that is balanced and ministers to students and par-ents.
6. Secure, lead, and train workers for all student ministries and student work. Serve as a re-source person concerning the methods, materials, and procedures of student ministry, so as to assist leaders and workers as they serve in the student ministry.
7. Provide a mid-week student ministry program that seeks to engage students in worship, bi-ble study, fellowship, and ministry involvement as it fosters spiritual growth.
8. Work to evaluate needs of parents and involve them in the work of the Student Ministry as well as provide opportunities for them to grow in their role as parents.
9. Consult with Pastor and/or lay leadership in regard to curriculum, equipment, supplies, and space for youth as part of the overall discipleship ministry of the church.
10. Call on students when they are in the hospital or other milestone events and activities in their lives. Reach out to students through home and school campus visits.
11. Maintain a close relationship with students through regular participation in school events and activities as time allows.
12. Prepare an annual budget for recommendation to the appropriate person or group in a timely manner. Manage the Student Ministry budget on an on-going basis. Avoid spend-ing funds not previously authorized.
13. Supervise and delegate work assignments to the Student Ministry staff; review work, and utilizes the services of the staff in a manner which is consistent with their Position Descrip-tions.
14. Assists with ministerial duties in worship services, as needed.
15. Supply articles on a periodic basis for use in the Mount Pleasant Baptist Church publica-tions related to Student Ministry and invite participation.
16. Basic personal responsibilities:
a. Maintains a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer and meditation.
b. Maintains proper priorities in the home and is the spiritual leader to his family.
c. Develops personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
d. Financially supports the ministries of Mount Pleasant Baptist Church by faithfully giving at least 10% of his gross income. Maintains wise stewardship measures over the remaining 90%.
17. Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Knowledge, ability and skills:
Knowledgeable in the area of youth ministry. Possesses the ability to prepare written reports, policies and memoranda regarding the ministry. Possesses the ability to interact with people from all walks of life courteously and effectively and to establish and maintain satisfactory rela-tionships with co-workers and members of the congregation, students, and their parents. Pos-sesses the ability to utilize a team approach to planning and implementation. Possesses the abil-ity to operate a personal computer. Must have sufficient computational ability to prepare budget requests for the youth ministry. Must be able to communicate clearly with others, particularly verbally. Must be able to establish a rapport with young people, and model Christian behavior with integrity. Must be able to deal with sensitive personal issues related to ministerial duties, and maintain the confidentiality of such issues. Must possess a good attitude and a team spirit, and interact with co-workers, subordinates, and superiors in a Christ-like manner.
QUALIFY CANDIDATES CAN SEND RESUME TO email@example.com