This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Glacierview Baptist Church
Homer, Alaska, United States
Date Posted: 05/11/2010
Categories: Associate Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
GLACIERVIEW BAPTIST CHURCH
960 East End Road
Homer, AK 99603
Glacierview Baptist Church is a church with a Sunday morning attendance of 150-200. We are located in beautiful Homer, Alaska situated on scenic Kachemak Bay. Our church has been in existence for over 50 years and has enjoyed an exciting ministry for the last 20 years. Our extended community, including Homer and its surrounding area, has a population of 10,000-12,000 people.
Our church is conservative as to its message but open to new methods. We have a blended worship service with both contemporary and traditional music.
Our mission is to be a church where all are invited to COME discover Christ as Lord and Savior, to LEARN from Him growing in faith and purpose, and SERVE our families, friends church, community and world for the glory of Christ. We value the Word of God, true worship, spiritual maturity, prayer, sharing Christ and serving Christ and our community.
If you want to be a part of a changing community and a church that wants to impact that community we would be delighted to hear from you.
Contact us through email… firstname.lastname@example.org
or call Pastor Rick Wise @ 907-235-8779
Administrator Scott Cardoza @ 907-235-2088
Chairman of the Board Rich Fetterhoff @ 907-235-9395
ASSOCIATE PASTOR/YOUTH DIRECTOR
ASSOCIATE PASTOR DUTIES
Sharing of the Pastoral leadership responsibilities. Assist church body in reaching our community and world for Christ and assimilate new visitors. Provide counseling and discipleship as needed. Oversee and manage ongoing biblical teaching programs designed for specific church groups. Establish training opportunities for teachers, group leaders, etc. Develop and promote ministries that promote spiritual maturity and growth.
YOUTH DIRECTOR DUTIES
Provide leadership and direction to youth ministry. Being the primary leader of a vibrant ministry that is an extension of a unified church body. Consistently plan and coordinate a calendar of youth activities. Meet regularly with youth committee and leaders to discuss issues and direction related to youth ministry. Ensure proper accountability and conduct yearly evaluations of the ministry.
PROFILE: The person we are seeking must possess the following qualities, abilities and credentials.
• A growing vibrant faith in Jesus Christ
• Proven character that is above reproach
• A passion to reach the current and next generation for Jesus Christ
• A passion to pastor, disciple and evangelize families and their children
• A passion to teach and preach the Bible as God’s Word
• 3-5 years ministry experience
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree/ seminary degree preferred
• Capable of organizing and executing numerous events
• Ability to engage and train adult and youth volunteers
• Knowledge and insight of current culture
• Effective public communicator
• A self-starter that is capable of “making things happen”
• Ability to develop leaders and delegate responsibility
• Someone who is married to a woman of God who fully supports and supplements his ministry.