This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Sutherlin , Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 05/09/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
We are seeking someone with at least 3 years experience and a proven track record of leading a successful team of adult volunteers in a growing student ministry. This person will lead our growing ministry that reaches and develops Jr. High and Sr. High students to become devoted followers of Christ. Working together with lay ministry staff, he will lead, promote and oversee the spiritual formation of students by teaching through worship, fellowship, discipleship, ministry, and mission. This person will join our pastoral staff as we expand our church to satellite campus' in our area. We are looking for someone with the vision and leadership to grow dynamic youth ministries in multiple satellite locations.
A. Provide leadership and oversight to the spiritual formation of Jr. High and Sr. High students through a comprehensive youth
1. Cast Vision--Promote a church-wide vision of reaching and developing students to become more like Christ
2. Implement Strategy--Promote a strategy that encourages students to worship God, learn and obey His Word, participate
in caring community, win others to Christ, and serve within the body
3. Provide Leadership--Oversee, support, and develop the skills of their staff in order to accomplish the mission of growing
4. Teach--Provide solid teaching of both biblical theology and social issues that directly relate to students and their families
5. Recruit, Train and Equip--
a. Lead the lay staff in continuously identifying and raising up other staff members to serve in the ministry according to
b. Lead the lay staff in training and equipping other staff members to do the work of the ministry
6. Plan and Organize--Develop and oversee events aimed at advancing the purpose of worship, membership, discipleship,
ministry, and evangelism.
7. Protect--Maintain and uphold all church policy statements regarding Jr. High and Sr. High students.
a. Work with the Lead Pastor to establish and evaluate the philosophy, standards and procedures for Student Ministries.
b. Work with the lay staff to regularly evaluate the ministries effectiveness in growing students spiritually.
B. Work with the Financial Stewardship Team to develop the annual financial plan for student ministries.
1. Oversee spending and implementation of student ministries funds in the financial plan.
2. Annually develop a student ministry financial plan.
C. Assist the Lead Pastor
1. Participate in and contribute to the overall philosophy of the Spiritual Formation Process.
2. Be available to teach at the adult worship service as needed.
D. Fulfill other pastoral duties as required (e.g., weddings, funerals, counseling, teaching, preaching, visitation, baptism,