This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Youth Ministries
Kirtland Christian Fellowship
Kirtland, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 05/07/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Youth Ministries PLEASE NOTE: ALL RESUMES AND COMMUNICATIONS SHOULD
Kirtland Christian Fellowship BE SENT TO CONTACT EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description – February 22, 2010
Mission: The Director of Youth Ministries will lead KCF’s missional effort to connect youth (middle school and high school age) to Jesus Christ and to KCF where they can grow in their faith and serve in the Kingdom.
1) Evangelism: Develop and lead a creative and innovative missional effort to connect youth to Jesus and to KCF. This effort will include a substantial time commitment (approximately 50% of time) to one or more evangelistic efforts to our community. Work in parallel with current YFC Associate Club Director to Memorial Middle School to provide assistance on special events where needed as well as open a similar campus outreach at one or more Middle or Senior High schools.
2) Worship: Be an example of an enthusiastic and expressive worshipper. Will coordinate youth involvement on a monthly basis in our Sunday morning worship service.
3) Prayer: Foster an atmosphere of prayer among youth ministry at KCF. Participate in prayer gatherings at KCF.
4) Discipleship: Lead KCF’s effort to disciple the youth of our church family.
5) Empower Middle and Senior High Students: Champion the empowering of youth to serve fully in all ministries at KCF and in the Kingdom of God.
6) Pastoral Care: Primary responsibility for pastoral care to KCF youth.
7) Fellowship: Participate in church-wide fellowship events. Foster fellowship among the youth at KCF and in connection with the entire church family.
8) Missions: Plan, facilitate, and go on one summer mission trip per year. Champion KCF’s partnership with Youth for Christ (YFC).
1) The Senior Pastor is your supervisor and mentor.
2) We are shepherds and not hired hands (John 10:12-13). In a routine week the time commitment is 50 hours per week plus Sunday morning participation in prayer, Sunday School, and Worship Service, and participation in or leadership of a KCF small group (with spouse if married).
3) The balance of time will be approximately 50% evangelism to youth in the community, and 50% leadership of the KCF youth ministry.
1) Be a professing, growing, committed, Spirit-filled Christian with an exemplary personal life and a contagious love for Jesus Christ.
2) Trained and well grounded in the Word of God.
3) If married must have spousal support. Spouse will be connected with the church family and involved in the ministry of the church.
4) Complete agreement with the vision of KCF and the statement of faith. If married along with spouse, must become a member of KCF.
5) Self-disciplined, self-starter with high initiative.
6) Must be HIGH energy. Must be punctual and able to function with enthusiasm during any part of the day. Must have the energy for the challenge.
7) Very organized and have the ability to work with different personality types.
8) Must be a servant leader who is selfless and puts the needs of others over self.
9) Positive attitude and teachable.
10) People person with a compassionate heart for people.
11) Spiritually gifted and experienced in youth ministry.