This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's Ministries
Church on the Rock
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Date Posted: 05/05/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Church on the Rock (COTR) is seeking an exceptionally successful Director of Children’s Ministries. This is a full-time position leading the children’s ministries (infant – 5th grade) of COTR and reporting directly to the Executive Pastor. Compensation (salary and benefits) will be very competitive and commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.
An individual who will be considered as a candidate for this position:
• Has accepted Jesus as personal Lord and Savior and has an authentic, faithful relationship with the Lord
• Is baptized in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues
• Agrees with COTR’s Statement of Beliefs (www.cotr.tv/what-we-believe)
• Has an exceptionally positive attitude
• Has a strong work ethic and is self-motivated
• Understands and values the importance of loyalty, particularly in the context of ministry and employment
Attributes of the ideal candidate:
• Passionate about the Lord and enthusiastic about leading children’s ministries
• Bachelors degree or higher (not required, but desirable)
• Several years of successful, verifiable experience in children’s ministry in a medium-sized to large church
• Fun!!! …Kids seem to like that : )
• Creative, outgoing, and energetic, yet very organized and sufficiently detail oriented
• Effective leadership skills and able to enthusiastically recruit, train, coach, direct and encourage children’s ministry volunteers and part-time workers
• Able to communicate positively with parents
• Comfortable speaking to children and adults in both small and large settings
• Excellent people skills and able to creatively and prayerfully solve personal conflicts with positive outcomes
• Able to motivate others by casting a clear and compelling vision for an excellent children’s ministry that contributes toward the fulfillment of the overall vision of COTR
• As necessary, is willing maintain a flexible work schedule and work extended hours to complete tasks, projects and event preparations
• Understands the principles of spiritual authority (http://www2.messengerinternational.org/product.asp?id=ENGBKSJ009A)
• Has read the bible from cover to cover and is a student of the Word
• Spiritually mature
• Strong computer skills a big plus! (especially Mac)
We are looking for someone who would be excited to be a member of COTR even if they were not employed by our church. Therefore, please take the time to familiarize yourself with COTR. Please visit www.cotr.tv for more information about the church. Below is a brief introduction.
John and Judith Benefiel founded COTR on May 5, 1991. Our church began with just a handful of people and has since grown to over 800 active members, with an average weekend attendance of nearly 500 people. Dr. John Benefiel is the Apostle and Senior Pastor of COTR, and is the founder and lead Apostle of the Heartland Apostolic Prayer Network (HAPN), which is a nationwide network with apostolic leaders in all 50 states and Washington D.C. (see www.hapn.us). HAPN is focused on transformation and reformation reflecting God’s kingdom in the “7 Mountains of Culture” (Arts & Entertainment, Business, Education, Family, Government, Media, and Religion). Apostle John’s wife Judith is Co-Pastor of COTR and is an anointed speaker and minister. Church on the Rock currently has a full-time staff of six people, with numerous part-time staff and ministry leaders. (for a partial list of our staff, click www.cotr.tv/staff)
In August 2010, COTR will be completing a $5,000,000 plus, 23,500 square foot addition to our current building as a part of our 25 acre campus master plan. The phase being completed includes a beautiful new sanctuary to seat up to 1,000 people and a pre-school (0 – 4) classroom wing with five new children’s classrooms.
Church on the Rock could be described with the following adjectives: friendly, loving, kingdom-minded, visionary, prayer prioritized, influential, apostolic, prophetic, pastoral, evangelistic, Word based, full-gospel, spirit-filled, charismatic, and non-traditional. We are absolutely committed to developing excellent, fun, growing, children’s ministries that incorporate these values!
No phone calls please. Candidates will be selected for phone interviews only after a resume and any other accompanying information has been received. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Along with your resume, please consider including a written vision of what a children’s ministry under your leadership would look like.
Thank you for your interest in COTR and this wonderful opportunity to join our ministry staff. Blessings!