This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Worship Arts
The Journey Church
New York, New York, United States
Date Posted: 05/04/2010
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Are you called to serve in New York City?
Are you passionate about raising up musicians and volunteer leaders, leading a proven music and worship planning system, and growing a music ministry in a multi-site setting?
Are you interested in expanding an already healthy volunteer structure of over 75 musicians and singers to a structure of over 150 volunteers?
Can you join with our worship arts staff to lead worship at a very high level, and bring musical excellence to the stage, to worship planning, and to cultivating highly experienced musicians in New York City?
Are you interested in helping a growing church continue to grow?
Do you have a high view 'serving as part of discipleship' and do you have a strong desire to reach unchurched young professionals?
This is not a pastoral care position, but an equipping position to make a difference with the best and the brightest from around the world that make up the Journey Church in NYC.
- A Solid Calling to New York City
- The ability to manage a large and growing Music Team System
- A passion for the Bible and innovation
- A team player
- A high level understanding of music and music direction in a contemporary / rock context
- Ability to play guitar and/or piano a plus
- Ability to read and write music notation and chord charts a must
- Bachelor or Masters Degree or 'ministry experience' equivalent in music and worship leading
- A positive attitude
- A familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model
- A risk taker
- A passion for worship and the arts
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
- A high commitment to the local church
- Must have experience in a church of 500 or more
- Must be willing to work up to 60 hours a week when necessary
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered. In the cover letter please include a LINK TO A VIDEO of you leading worship.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 3 questions:
(1) Why you are interested in this position?
(2) Why you would feel comfortable relocating to New York City?
(3) And what about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
Please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.