To apply for this position you need to have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, agree with our statement of faith and core values and sign a Membership Covenant upon acceptance of position at Christ Fellowship.
Once you’ve met this requirement, please complete an application found in our website at www.gochristfellowship.com
and fax it along with your resume to the attention of Human Resources at 561-799-7613.
The Director of Finance directs and oversees all of the financial activities of Christ Fellowship Church including management of the Accounting and Finance, management and distribution of all financial reports, cash flow management and financial forecasting. This position reports to the Executive Director of Business & Finance.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting and/or finance. Master’s degree preferred or minimum of 10 years of experience in senior level supervision and financial management.
• Experienced leader and administrative executive with appropriate industry experience, preferably in the area of ministry.
• Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with the highest ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
• Must be a good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
• Must be an excellent negotiator who is experienced in contracts.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical and organizational skills.
• Must have knowledge of current databases and accounting computer application systems that supply and maintain the most accurate financial information possible.
• Must be able to relate well with members, staff, and volunteers.
• Must be a flexible and teachable team player.
• Must be able to manage the ministry area by utilizing highly developed communication (written and verbal), project management, and time management and collaboration skills.
• Must demonstrate the ability to perform high quality work with minimum supervision within assigned deadlines.
• Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
• Must be able to handle confidential matters and material with excellence.
• Directs the preparation of all financial reports, including income and expense statements, balance sheet, tax returns and other reports for the CF Management Team, Board of Elders and congregation as appropriate.
• Oversees accounting department staff, budget preparation and audit functions. Meets regularly with all ministry department heads to keep them informed of their department’s financial status.
• Analyze financial reports to compare projections of revenue against actual, budgeted expenses against actual and suggest methods of improving the financial planning and reporting process as appropriate.
• Analyzes church operations to pinpoint financial opportunities and areas that need to be reorganized, down-sized, outsourced, eliminated or expanded.
• Confers with Senior Pastor, Executive Pastor, Director of Ministries and Business Administrator to coordinate and prioritize financial as well as operational planning.
• Studies long-range economic trends and projects church prospects for future growth and expansion into new financial areas that have been identified by the management team. Estimates future financial requirements for capital, land, buildings, proposed new employees and all related expenses.
• Makes investment recommendations to Executive Team and supervises the investment of church funds.
• Interacts with general contractors and architects on various contract projects throughout all campuses to ensure project completion in a timely and effective manner.
• Works with each of the CF ministries and advises Management Team with projections of future financial needs. Is involved in planning for and raising of additional capital for expansion projects and other financial needs.
• Interacts and creates relationships with other churches, banks, brokerage firms and lending institutions for Christ Fellowship, in order to promote and advise the Management Team on more effective stewardship.
• Interacts with Christ Fellowship’s independent auditors to insure that proper accounting procedures are followed. Recommends and implements proper financial internal controls and insures regulatory compliance.
• Other duties as assigned.