This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Child Care Administrator
Community Christian Church
Springfield, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 05/02/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor - Christian School
Church Size: under 50
Job Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Assistant Director
Work requirement: Full Time, 50 hours per week expected commitment.
Description of Ministry:
Inside Out is a Christian Outreach Ministry located in an inner city area of Springfield, Ohio. We are a unique Christian ministry operating a number of programs serving at-risk youth and their families. Our Mission is to create Positive Change from the Inside Out, through Jesus Christ.
The Inside Out Center includes an afterschool program for at-risk youth, free dinner for community kids each day, Tutoring programs, Residential services for youth including a boys home, girls home and Independent living program as well as the Inside Out Child Care Center and Fountain of Life Christian Community Church.
The Inside Out Child Care Center is one of the largest Centers in the area with a license capacity of 186 children. We serve nearly 100% low income families and have tailored our program to provide services that are not available elsewhere, including extended operating hours and week end care.
We are 100% committed to sharing Christ in every area of our ministry. We view our Child Care Center as a Christian ministry and every employee as a minister of the gospel.
In addition to coordinating Child Care activities and staff during the weekly church services, the candidate will be responsible for the administration of the Pre-school and School age child care center.
• License Compliance
1. Be familiar with State License Compliance regulations and make certain that Inside Out’s program operates in compliance with all rules and regulations.
2. Maintain contact with licensing authorities for regular inspections, and accreditation requirements.
3. Make recommendations to Executive director and Assistant director concerning license compliance issues.
• Staff Development
1. Training of Pre-School/School-Age Staff
2. Maintain all Staff training to maintain State compliance and SUTQ
3. Train staff in best practices in dealing with at risk children and families
4. Encourage and teach staff to share the Gospel as they work and exalt Christ in all areas of their job.
5. Maintain accountability standards for all Pre-school and School age staff.
• Staff scheduling
1. Prepare weekly schedules for all Pre-school and School age staff.
2. Maintaining State required staffing ratio at all times.
3. Coordinate with Infant/Toddler Administrator for weekend and evening staffing schedule
4. Review and approve hours for payroll.
1. Organize existing curriculum oversee and implement weekly lesson plans assure each classroom is following curriculum and maintaining common themes
2. Once Curriculum has been organized, catalog for annual use.
3. Oversee transportation program for child care and tutoring.
1. Attend Staff meetings and functions as required
2. Maintain required continuing education
3. Coordinate with the Infant/Toddler Administrator and all other departments of Inside Out to assure that the entire ministry operates in harmony.
4. Other duties as required by the Assistant director
William R. Stout, President