We are searching for someone who might have an interest and the aptitude necessary to be considered for the Senior Pastor position currently open at Gateway Community Church in Mayville, Wisconsin.
Our Senior Pastor, Robert Marsh has answered his hearts’ call and been selected by Converge Worldwide to become a Church Planting Missionary in Darmstadt, Germany. We feel that God is providing us with this transitional time because He desires to take us to the next level with Him.Almost sixteen years ago Mayville was selected to be the location for a new church plant assisted by the Great Lakes Baptist Conference.
In those sixteen years we have gone through many growth spurts which have led us to larger and larger facilities. Currently we have approximately 130 people meeting at 10 a.m. on Sunday mornings. We meet at the Mayville Middle School for a contemporary worship service. Gateway owns an outreach facility that houses an extensive Christian Library, and two exam rooms for a local free health care program, both are available to the general public. The church offices are located there and weekly church functions are held there as well.Mayville, Wisconsin is a quaint historical city locally known as “The Gateway to the Horicon Marsh” which is both a state wildlife area and a national wildlife refuge that covers over 32,000 acres.
The marsh provides hunting and fishing for the sportsman and miles of trails for nature enthusiasts. Mayville is centrally located with driving distance to Milwaukee and Madison both being about an hour; driving distance to Green Bay is about an hour and a half. This area has experienced quite a bit of growth in the last twenty years. Our charming rural city has attracted many families from larger cities and their suburbs. Our population mimics the national average in generational groups and ranks low in diversity. The total population within a nine mile radius of Mayville is 21,816. Senior Pastor ProfilePOSITION PURPOSE:
To serve as the lead minister of the body of believers known as Gateway Community Church. Through preaching, teaching, shepherding, leading and encouraging that ensures God’s purposes for the church are understood and realized. The purposes for the church include the vision of connecting people to God through Jesus Christ to provide the resources for them to become the people God created them to be while connecting to each other and the world.Responsible to:
Board of EldersResponsible for
All full and part time paid staffAnnual Review:
By Board of Elders on a yearly basis. Compensation changes are tied to Annual ReviewLength of Term:
• Experienced in church leadership and ministry with some senior pastor experience helpful.
• Bible school or seminary educated with a B.A./B.S. Degree preferred.
• Able to give written assent to the Statement of Faith and constitution of the church.Scope
The senior pastor, along with the ministry staff and church leadership, is responsible for describing, regularly communicating and implementing the purposes and goals that God has set forth for Gateway Community Church.Key Requirements:
1) A gifted preacher/teacher who encourages people to understand and live out deep spiritual truths
2) A nurturing leader who emphasizes discipleship and spiritual growth including his own.
3) A person with leadership vision and a well developed vision for the future of the church and will lead in implementing change as needed to accomplish the vision.
4) A leader who generates enthusiasm in the body of Christ for reaching the community and world with the gospel.
5) An effective communicator who can deal with conflict in a biblical way.
6) A leader who encourages accountability as he leads by example.
7) A family man who shows by the way he lives that his priorities are in line with God’s leading in his life and ministry.
8) A leader who emphasizes prayer, fasting and giving as he leads by example.
9) One who presents himself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.Pastor's Job Description Principle Functions
The pastor’s primary functions for the Church are earnest prayer, to possess a deep faith and proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ and to teach the biblical revelation. (Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray. 1 Peter 4:7)Responsibilities:
1. Plan and conduct the worship services; prepare and deliver sermons; lead in observance of the by-laws.
2. Lead the Church in an effective program of outreach and in a caring ministry for people in the Church and community.
3. Visit members and prospects.
4. Conduct counseling sessions; perform wedding ceremonies; conduct funerals.
5. Serve on the Elder Board in planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and evaluating the total church program.
6. Work with Deacons, Elders, and committees as they perform their assigned responsibilities; administrate and lead the deacons in a program of family ministries.
7. Cooperate with Great Lakes Baptist Conference leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern; keep the church informed of Great Lakes Baptist Conference developments; represent the church in civic matters.
8. Serve as chief administrator of the paid church staff; supervise the work of assigned paid staff workers.If you are interested in this position you may send your resume to the address below or EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All resumes must be returned by May 31st, 2010 with no exceptions being made. Please feel free to email with any questions.Gateway Community Church
c/o Pastoral Search Committee
16 S. Main St.
Mayville, Wisconsin 53050