This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Harvest Community Church
Huntersville, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 04/28/2010
Categories: Media/Technology - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Harvest Community Church, located just north of Charlotte, is a church growing in converts, disciples and diversity with the following vision: “To develop people into followers of Jesus Christ with a passion to worship God well and communicate his love to others.” As we attempt to make disciples throughout the world, we value relevant, expository teaching of the Word, participation in worship, authentic biblical community, grace and prayer.
Currently, we are seeking an experienced full-time Worship Pastor to develop and lead the worship/music ministries of the church.
Job responsibilities include the following:
1. Oversee all aspects of music and worship, including all support teams (sound, lighting, a/v presentation, drama, etc.).
2. Develop worship team (s) to lead the congregation in worship, including:
• Recruiting team members
• Providing spiritual leadership and development of participants (i.e., shepherding)
• Providing musical training for instrumentalists and vocalists
• Leading worship and developing other worship leaders
3. Plan and lead regular and special services in consultation with the Sr. Pastor.
4. As feasible, develop choirs, ensembles, or special groups, including purchasing of music, rehearsals, programming and scheduling.
5. Recruit and develop musical talent among children, students and adults to be used in Sunday services or special programs.
6. Assist in the development of worship among children and students.
7. Fully participate as a member of the pastoral staff in the development and implementation of the goals of the church.
8. Assist the Sr. Pastor in projects as he deems necessary.
Here are the qualifications:
1. A committed, growing believer in Christ whose lifestyle is worthy to emulate.
2. Acceptance of evangelical biblical doctrine as outlined in our statement of faith and full endorsement of Harvest’s vision and philosophy of ministry.
3. A team player who is willing to sacrifice personal goals for the greater benefit of the church.
4. Ability to resolve conflict in a healthy, biblical manner.
5. Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
6. A leader who is enthusiastic, creative, positive, and a self-starter.
7. Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
8. Ability to develop a total worship ministry using a variety of musical styles within our philosophy of worship ministry.
9. Ministry experience leading non-professional worship teams.
10. Excellent musicianship, a mature understanding of worship, plus passion and ability in leading worship.
If interested, please send a resume and sample of your worship leading on a DVD or weblink to firstname.lastname@example.org or Harvest Community Church, 13301 Eastfield Rd., Huntersville, NC 28078 (Attn: Worship Search Team).