This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Ministry Coordinator
Potomac Falls Anglican Church
Potomac Falls, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 04/28/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor - Christian Education
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Part-Time
VISION AND POSITION SUMMARY:
Potomac Falls Anglican Church is located in the Virginia suburbs of Washington DC. The Children’s Ministry Coordinator (CMC) is a key leadership position within a 100+ member congregation. This individual is responsible for all strategic planning and program development activities targeted to families with children ages birth – 6th grade. This person recruits, trains, supervises a large volunteer work force. The CMC is responsible for envisioning, designing, developing and maintaining the systems that help families help their children know Jesus as their Lord and Savior while keeping the PFAC mission and vision of: “Transformed Lives, Vibrant Community, Impacting the World.”
• Desire to share the good news of Jesus Christ with children.
• Enthusiastically affirm and be guided by the values, vision and mission of PFAC.
• 2 or more years of Children’s Ministry experience.
• A passion for ministry with children, parents and families.
• Deep commitment to the Christian development of children using contemporary media (music, drama, multi-media).
• Proven experience leading and teaching adult and teen volunteers.
• A working knowledge of developmental and physical needs of infants, preschoolers and elementary-aged children.
• Demonstrated ability to recruit, train and motivate volunteers.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Computer skills (or willingness to learn) including email, MS Office, website updates, and social networking on the internet.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred. (Childhood or Christian Education emphasis a plus, but not required.)
• Takes responsibility for personal spiritual growth by maintaining a regular and consistent time with Christ in Bible study and prayer.
• Pray systematically for: Parents, children and families; PFAC staff; Sunday morning ministry and associated volunteers and leaders; Children’s special programs and associated volunteers and leaders
• Communicate PFAC’s vision for Children’s Ministry to staff, Vestry, congregation, etc.
• Develop annual Children’s Ministry goals and objectives, track progress and report status to staff leadership and Vestry.
• Oversee outreach to children and families in the community through the Fast Break Fun Night “parents’ night out” ministry
• Develop and implement child safety/security policies and systems for all ministries related to children and families.
• Develop Children’s Ministry budget to ensure faithful stewardship and conformity with strategic priorities.
• Coordinate ministry goals, schedules and activities with Youth Ministry leaders
• Recruit, train and supervise all Children’s Ministry staff (including paid nursery worker).
• Maintain currency in the field of Children's Ministries by participating in select conferences, workshops, and other relevant continuing education opportunities to bring new ideas into the children's programs.
• Create and implement learning opportunities that foster personal commitment to Jesus Christ and that nurture each child’s Christian faith.
• Oversee a comprehensive Sunday morning program for children (birth through sixth grade), including nursery and curriculum for Pre-K-6th grade
• Oversee the planning and execution of educational programs to include the congregation and community at large- Vacation Bible School.
• Oversee the Fast Break Fun Night outreach program
• Design and provide opportunities for involvement in age-appropriate missions within and beyond the local church.
• Gather family input when planning programs and curriculum, and seek to incorporate this input as appropriate.
• Work with the Rector to develop and coordinate special family worship services such as Christmas Eve, Good Friday, and Easter Sunday.
• Continually develop new ways to thank, encourage, love and disciple those who minister to children in the home or at church.
• Other responsibilities identified and tracked through the annual goal-setting process.
• Must be able to lift and carry supplies, resources and children (up to 35 lbs.) as needed.
Part-time, salaried staff position. Budgeted for 18-24 hours weekly, including 3 hours on Sunday mornings and one Saturday evening a month for Fast Break Fun Night outreach program.
Please email your resume and references to: email@example.com.