This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
The Word at Shaw
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 04/27/2010
Categories: Media/Technology - Worship Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Part-Time
Looking for a casual contemporary worship service? This is probably not for you...
The Word at Shaw is a new church plant in a thriving urban area of St. Louis. The Word at Shaw is looking for a worship leader who possess the skills to not only lead a worship service but has a wide range of music stylizing. The preferred applicant would possess the talent to take on R&B, Jazz, Blues, Hi- Hop and can still mix in a bit of light rock on occasion. The Word at Shaw will be an Urban church, inspired first by God but harnesses Art, Culture and the community in which we serve.
The Worship Leader will lead and direct all worship and music segments during services. This person will provide leadership in creating a culture that encourages musicians and the church community to glorify God through participation in all forms of worship celebration. He/She will also possess a developed knowledge of music literature, genre, styles and the ability to perform same.
As a leader, the Worship leader must be able to excel in team building, coaching, development, leadership and self-starter. This person will oversee the entire Worship planning process with the Worship Staff by gathering information on service themes from pastors 6-8 weeks in advance, brainstorming ideas with the creative team, designing each Sunday’s service around those ideas, implementing those ideas with the help of worship arts volunteers and staff, and ensuring proper execution of the service plan.
Worship Leader/ Producer - Position Requirements:
1. Provides leadership and pastoral oversight for Worship teams and activities including year-to-year vision/strategy, series-to-series imagination and creativity, and week-to-week management and supervision.
2. Skilled and gifted as a vocalist and instrumentalist
3. Able to choose and arrange songs appropriate for each message
4. Planning and leading additional holiday services and worship events
5. Create a worship rehearsal routine for all service volunteers.
6. Working knowledge of Pro Presenter, Easy Worship or other presentation software beneficial (not required)
7. Working knowledge of sound systems, lighting and other various audio/visual equipment beneficial (not required)
8. Assist in the development of media and/or art that enhances the worship experience.
9. Maintain a high standard of excellence in all aspects of worship ministry - performance arts, music, drama, message delivery, media and graphic design.
Management/Leadership Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
1. Attend weekly meeting with lead pastor to evaluate previous service develop next service and plan upcoming series.
2. Meet monthly with lead pastor for mentoring/discipling.
3. Maintain monthly schedules for the worship teams, technical teams and service volunteers.
4. Improve overall musical quality by developing the personal skills of those involved in the worship ministry
5. Plan, schedule and confirm the role of worship team members each week.
6. Identifies, recruits, trains, and develops volunteers in every aspect of the ministry, elevating capable volunteers to appropriate leadership roles.
7. Guides the spiritual growth and leadership development of volunteers in critical leadership roles within the ministry.
8. Able to provide qualified leadership when absent from Sunday services.
Other Skills and Talents
1. Good Organizational Skills
2. Leadership Abilities
3. Good Communicator
4. Great People Skills
5. Ability to Supervise Others
6. Able to Coordinate and harmonize a group of people
7. Stable Mature Christian
Education / Experience
1. Undergraduate degree in a field closely related to one of the categories above.
2. Previous Church experience desired but not necessary, would like a "seasoned" musician
This is a part time position (25 hours), while the church plant is going through the “Taste and See” neighborhood events process. This position will become full time (40 hours) four weeks prior to the church launch. This position will begin in August 2010.