This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Student Ministries
Adrian, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 11/29/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Ogden Church Pastor of Student Ministries
Students are an integral part of the Ogden Church Family. The Ogden Church Pastor of Student Ministries will provide leadership to middle school and high school students and volunteer leaders, and partnership with parents as they train-up their children. We desire to see students passionately pursue Jesus Christ in every area of life.
• Time for personal study, reading, and prayer.
• Organize and coordinate a balanced approach to youth ministry for both middle school and high school students that includes Bible study, discipleship training, evangelism, service, fellowship, recreation, and mission.
• Provide vision for the youth ministry that is in coordination with the vision of Ogden.
• Build relationships with students that introduce them to Christ and encourage them to grow spiritually.
• Recruit, train, equip, and encourage leaders and student leaders within the ministry.
• Facilitate the opportunity to meet with parents periodically to communicate goals and plans of the youth ministry and to gain input from the parents.
• Oversee the communication to both youth and parents regarding the youth schedules, goals, and plans.
• Develop and manage the Student Ministry budget.
• Serve under the spiritual and ministry oversight of the Lead Pastor.
• Serve as an active team player on the church staff:
• Attend all large church gatherings.
• Participate in weekly staff meetings.
• Prepare a monthly report of ministry activities, progress, and/or challenges to Lead Pastor and Elder Board.
• Be willing to take assignments from the Lead Pastor outside of assigned responsibilities.
• Event planning: Oversee and coordinate special events and training for students.
• Keep current with ministry trends through reading, seminars, discussions, and conferences.
• Continue personal and professional growth by being involved in mentoring/coaching relationships.
• Demonstrates the spiritual and personal maturity and godliness of an elder as outlined in 1 Timothy 3 & Titus 1.
• Theologically compatible with Ogden’s statement of faith as outlined in the constitution and as commonly held.
• Agreement with and ownership of Ogden’s mission and priorities.
• If married, the marriage should be exemplary.
• A demonstrated pastor’s heart to shepherd those under his care, building relationships of grace and trust.
Genuine love for Christ and for people
Humility: selfless, servant mentality
Positive, people orientation
• A heart for the lost – a passion to see students and families come to salvation through Jesus Christ.
• A personal vision and demonstrated experience to train and disciple students.
• Teachable: demonstrated track record of growth and a desire to learn.
• Team player: demonstrated team experience and team focus.
• Strong teaching abilities with a passion to apply the truth of Scripture to student’s lives.
• Innate gifting:
Motivated (hard worker and self-starter)
• Developed talents
• Good organizational skills and experience
• Good administrative skills
• Preferably a college and/or seminary graduate with 3+ years experience leading student ministries.
• Health Insurance, retirement contribution, & paid vacation.
• Salary dependent upon experience.
Interested candidates please submit résumé to Jeff Barbieri, Lead Pastor Ogden Church.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ogden Church – 3201 E. US Hwy 223, Adrian, MI 49221 – www.ogdenchurch.org