This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of College Ministry
Highland Park Presbyterian Church
Dallas, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 04/27/2010
Categories: Campus Pastor - College Pastor
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
Highland Park Presbyterian Church, in the heart of Dallas, TX, is seeking a creative shepherd/leader with the vision to guide and grow our ministry to college-aged students. The church is going through an exciting season of growing our focus on college students. We are located 5 minutes from Southern Methodist University with a student population of 6000 undergraduates.
Responsibilities include shepherding a community of new disciples, rebuilding and visioning creative ways to reach out to college students, developing student leadership, and equipping lay servants to minister to students. Applicants should have college ministry experience and be gifted in leadership and discipleship.
Profile of a candidate:
• Heart for intergenerational connection
• Understands church-based college ministry philosophy
• Bleeds discipleship
• Can develop emerging student leadership
• Theologically sharp
• Technologically savvy
• Teachable servant
• Someone who understands “family/community-driven” ministry
• Be able to carry out the vision of HPPC – equipping world impacting, life transforming disciples.
• Missionally focused
• Gift of Hospitality – dinner is served weekly in the home of the College Director (35-40+ people weekly)
• Self-motivated and goal-oriented
• Strategic thinking
• Relate to older adults and families with children and teenagers (we are an intergeneration church)
• Understands day-to-day lifestyle of college students
• Views SMU campus as a mission field – therefore the candidate has a church-planting and missionary heart.
Compensation and Benefits
Highland Park Presbyterian Church offers an outstanding benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, pension plan, paid time off (PTO), sick and other family friendly leaves and a business casual atmosphere. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with skill, knowledge and experience level and the constraints of a non-profit business organization.
Salary commensurate with experience. Since this position provides housing (right across the street from HPPC), we are looking for a married person, but open to all qualified candidates.
To send resumes contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org; ATTN: College Search Committee. Qualified candidates will receive full position description. If you have a photo, please feel free to attach it (this is optional).