This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
North Sea Baptist Church
Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway
Date Posted: 04/26/2010
Categories: Business/Administration - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Full-Time
An exciting opportunity is available to serve as the North Sea Baptist Church Youth Pastor with additional responsibilities and other ministry opportunities. North Sea Baptist Church (NSBC) is an English-speaking International Baptist Church affiliated with the Norwegian Baptist Union and International Baptist Convention. NSBC has an average Sunday attendance of 120 people representing over twenty nationalities and cultures and numerous Christian denominational backgrounds. The church’s ministry is primarily to the English-speaking community that is living and working in Stavanger and the surrounding area through the petroleum industry or NATO.
North Sea Baptist Church is a very active church, offering a variety of opportunities designed for each member of the family including men’s and women’s Bible studies, children and youth programs, social activities, special events, seasonal celebrations, and mission opportunities. NSBC has a vibrant youth ministry with around twenty youth from grades 7-12 and the potential for growth and outreach from the 10,000+ English-speaking people in the Stavanger area. NSBC is international in nature, conservative in theology, practical in Christian living, and contemporary in worship. Please see www.nsbc.no for more information.
• Primary duties include designing and leading an effective Youth Ministry that would address the needs of the Youth by fostering and building a dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ through discipleship, outreach, missions, spiritual growth, prayer and worship, by the development and utilization of an effective youth ministry team.
• Secondary duties include church administration. Other duties would be determined as to best use the individual’s spiritual gifts, talents, and abilities.
• Born again Christian, actively serving Jesus Christ.
• Educational background including completion of college degree or equivalent.
• Background consisting of successful ministry work experience (volunteer or paid) with Youth/Youth Programs.
• A leader who can take initiative and work independently.
• Organizational and administrative skills.
• Must be flexible, teachable and creative.
• Understands youth culture of today.
Additional Desirable Assets: Experience in the following: sports, music, outdoor activities, drama.
Note: It is our hope that this would be an opportunity for someone to gain significant experience in all aspects of ministry, perhaps before entering or directly following seminary. Our church goal is to invest in a future Kingdom worker through mentoring, ministry and service opportunities, international travel for youth events, and networking .
* Compensation includes: fully-furnished two bedroom apartment plus utilities, vehicle, ministry expenses, local taxes (including healthcare), and salary.
* Individual must have valid passport & driver’s licence.
* Term of employment: two years (subject to renewal).
* Anticipated Start Date: Fall 2010. Position available immediately.
CONTACT INFORMATION: All interested applicants please email resume, personal testimony, and photograph by June 15, 2010 to email@example.com.