This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Kiron, Iowa, United States
Date Posted: 04/27/2010
Categories: Senior Pastor
Church Size: 50 to 100
Job Type: Full-Time
First Baptist Church, a small church located in a culturally-diverse community is seeking a senior pastor. The senior pastor is responsible for preaching, counseling, visitation and pastoring of the church. This includes leadership, communication skills and equipping the congregation for evangelism and outreach.
1. Master of Divinity degree preferred.
2. Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline from an accredited evangelical seminary or Bible college will be considered.
3. Experience in pastoral ministry with preaching and leadership is preferred but not required.
4. Ability to practice and model evangelism.
5. Ability to teach and communicate effectively with people of all ages.
6. Ablitity to relate and work well wilth pastoral staff and lay leaders.
1. Preach on Sunday morning and lead/participate in any planned activity.
2. Lead weekly prayer service.
3. Visitation of those who are in nursing homes, hospitals or confined to their home.
4. Counseling of individuals in the congregation who seek counsel.
5. Provide marriage counseling to couples prior to their wedding.
6. Support and encourage our youth pastor and his thriving ministry.
7. Remain professional in all areas regarding the church.
8. Become and remain active in the community.