The Pastor of Adult Ministry’s primary role is to serve as the strategic shepherd of Adult Ministries, providing avenues to help each adult at McKinney pursue our church-wide objective to develop Christ-centered people who make a difference. Using a combination of growth groups (small groups), Adult Bible Fellowships (ABFs), and other venues, he will ensure that adults have opportunities to receive Biblical teaching, pursue Christ-centered community, and engage and embrace opportunities both as a church and as individuals to make a difference throughout Fort Worth and around the world.
Our Church DNA
McKinney is a non-denominational, non-charismatic Bible Church of 3000+ with a unique philosophy of ministry. The right “fit” for this role is essential.
• We are committed to maintaining the tension between a strong theological foundation and passionate external focus.
• We have a strong value both on doing great ministry ourselves and embracing great ministry other places wherever it is happening.
• We are known for our commitment to local and global missions.
• Our services combine cross-generational music with relevant, expository preaching.
The Ideal Candidate:
• A male who is in agreement with our church’s doctrinal views with instincts that match our ministry philosophy.
• Has a deep passion for the Bible, developing others, and personal ministry.
• Must be a good fit with our overall ministry team.
• An understanding of a variety of Adult Ministry strategies.
• A proven team player with demonstrated leadership skills that can coach, direct, inspire, and empower staff and volunteer leadership teams on several different levels.
• Has a proven ability to set goals, cast vision, and budget wisely.
• Has 3-5 years of leadership in a role that gives him relevant experience to the Adult Ministry Pastor Role. Relevant church ministry experience would be preferred.
• Is a self-starter with an ability to think “outside the box” while “inside” our church’s unique culture.
• Is looking for a place to plant themselves (we are looking for longevity, not someone climbing the corporate ladder).
• A person with the heart of a coach who is more interested in seeing other people have great ministry than he is in others seeing him do great ministry.
• A seminary education with management education and/or experience would be a plus.
• Email a cover letter, resume, and current photograph to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Job Title: Pastor of Adult Ministry
Reports to: Executive Pastor
The Pastor of Adult Ministry’s primary role is to serve as the strategic shepherd of Adult Ministries, providing avenues to help each adult at McKinney pursue our church-wide objective to develop Christ-centered people who make a difference. Using a combination of growth groups (small groups), Adult Bible Fellowships (ABFs), and other venues, he will ensure that adults have opportunities to receive Biblical teaching, pursue Christ-centered community, and engage and embrace opportunities as a church and as individuals to make a difference throughout Fort Worth and around the world.
1. Provide strategic leadership for ABFs through coordination and hands-on shepherding of class leadership teams.
2. Oversee and Collaborate with the Young Adult Pastor and Women’s Ministry Coordinator to ensure an appropriate consistency and alignment between Adult strategies.
3. Coordinate EntryPoint and the assimilation strategy for connecting new people to the McKinney Family.
4. Oversee additional spiritual development opportunities for adults at MMBC (electives classes, seminars, conferences, etc…) to include; scheduling, promotion, and recruiting leaders.
5. Provide oversight for the planning, initiation, and execution of the adult ministries budget.
6. Coordinate the Men’s Ministry at MMBC. Specific tasks include:
• Provide strategic and visionary leadership to a Men’s Ministry Coordination team of non-staff ministry leaders.
• Develop, plan, direct and implement development opportunities designed specifically for men (Bible Studies, seminars, mission opportunities, retreats, etc…).
7. Function as Pastor of the Day and conduct hospital visits as part of the Pastoral rotation.
Special Projects and Other Duties
All staff are expected to have flexible, "can do" spirit to tackle duties that are not part of their normal job description. These may include handling a key part of major church-wide initiatives (e.g., capital campaigns, major outreach events) or providing extra leadership on major projects within a functional area (e.g., family worship services, communication launch, Vision Night…).
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Groups PastorCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- December 5
Groups and Equipping PastorGrace Fellowship Church
- Johnson City, Tennessee
- December 5
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Operations PastorVertical Church
- Durham Area, North Carolina
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
McKinney is a non-denominational, non-charismatic Bible Church of 3000+ located in southwest Fort Worth, TX. For more information about our history, core values, and doctrinal statement, please visit our website at www.mckinneychurch.com. More...