This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
River Oaks Community Church
Clemmons, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 04/22/2010
Categories: Executive Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
RIVER OAKS COMMUNITY CHURCH
Reports to: Senior Pastor
The Executive Pastor will assist the Senior Pastor with the implementation of the vision and spiritual direction of River Oaks Community Church. This position will lead the administrative and operational functions of our church which support the church’s vision. These functions include strategic planning, budget development, leadership development, human resources, information technology, office management, communications and campus operations.
This position will serve and guide the ministerial staff and ministry teams with leadership development, goal setting program-level strategic planning and ministry organization.
Work with Senior Pastor and Session to oversee the health and vitality of our leadership and our church.
• Execute the vision of River Oaks throughout the church leadership structure.
• Meet regularly with the Senior Pastor for discipleship, prayer and planning.
• Commit to our church vision and become creatively involved in its development, articulation and implementation.
• Be a spiritual leader/mentor for other ministerial staff members
• Provide pastoral guidance and supervision to the ministerial, office staff and ministry teams.
• Empowered by the Session and Senior Pastor to make executive decisions concerning the on-going programmatic ministry and operations of the church.
• Promote unity according to the mission and vision of River Oaks Community Church and to lead ministry development and health in accordance with the Biblical and theological convictions of the church.
• Lead the administrative and operational functions of our church. This includes the strategic planning, budgeting process, human resources, office operations and campus operations.
o Attend all Session meetings.
• With Senior Pastor and Session, develop Session agenda and manage Session calendar
• Follow through and communicate to appropriate audience (ministerial staff, office staff, ministry team leaders, etc.) Session decision that must be acted upon and/or communicated
o Attend all Administrative Ministry Team meetings
• With Administrative Ministry Team leader, develop meeting agenda
• Follow through and communicate to appropriate audience (Senior Pastor, Session, ministerial staff, office staff, ministry team leaders, etc.) Administrative Team decision that must be acted upon and/or communicated
• Facilitate communication among staff, session, ministry teams and congregation.
• Staff goal setting, coaching and evaluations
• Seek to equip and engage new people in ministry.
• Assist with pastoral duties as needed.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
• All River Oaks employees must exhibit Christ-like humility and servanthood in all they do. They must be good “team players” who support the vision of our church by striving to work well with all staff members, ministry team leaders, and ROCC church members.
• Individual must be an exceptional manager with the ability to lead a large organization
• Strong administrative skills in a church or business environment, with specific skills in human resources, project management, strategic planning, time management, and budgetary planning.
• High level of comfort with Information Technology
• Strong biblical knowledge
• Ability to preach in front of a large congregation
• Strong knowledge of the EPC Book of Order
• Solid understanding of and commitment to the Reformed faith
• Ability to be ordained in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church
• Ability to work through others to accomplish tasks; strong conflict resolution skills
• Friendly personality
• Team-oriented with the ability to work with others
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven presentation skills
• Master of Divinity required
• Significant experience in the administration of a church or a business is required, with specific human resources, project management, strategic planning, facility management, budget planning and financial background.
• Work history on or with a church staff is preferred, so that the candidate has an understanding of the requirements and demands of a pastoral staff, staffing issues, church budgets and ministry development.
• Proven ability in successfully serving as overall staff leader, developing policies and procedures, and hiring, developing and managing staff members.
• Background in organizational development with abilities to coach and develop staff and volunteers.
• Proven ability to develop and implement a plan to completion.
• Proven track record to getting projects and tasks completed on time and on budget while also working well with others in the process.
• Background working with and developing annual budget of at least $1 million, facilities management, financial management and administrative functions.