The Executive Pastor’s primary role is to partner with the Senior Pastor as the primary strategic implementer of our church-wide pursuit to develop Christ-centered people who make a difference. At a general level, this means that the Executive Pastor is responsible for translating the vision of the Elders and Senior Pastor into measurable goals and for creating and sustaining systems and environments that will help our staff team succeed.
McKinney Church is located in southwest Fort Worth, TX. For more information about our history, core values, and doctrinal statement, please visit our website at www.mckinneychurch.com
Our Church DNA
McKinney is a non-denominational, non-charismatic Bible Church of 3000+ with a unique philosophy of ministry. The right “fit” for this role is essential.
• We are committed to maintaining the tension between a strong theological foundation and passionate external focus.
• We have a strong value both on doing great ministry ourselves and embracing great ministry other places wherever it is happening.
• We are known for our commitment to local and global missions.
• We are nearing the end of an intentional transition from a senior pastor of 26 years to someone who has been on our staff team for several years.
• Our services combine cross-generational music with relevant, expository preaching.
The Ideal Candidate:
• A male who is in agreement with our church’s doctrinal views with instincts that match our ministry philosophy.
• Must be comfortable leading from the second chair.
• Must be a good fit with our overall ministry team.
• A strong administrator with the communication ability and interpersonal skills to help our staff team knock the ball out of the park.
• A proven team player with demonstrated management skills to give organizational direction, encouragement and coaching to an extremely competent staff.
• Has a proven ability to set goals, cast vision, and budget wisely.
• Has 3-5 years of leadership in a role that gives him relevant experience to the Executive Pastor role. Relevant experience in a ministry environment would be preferred.
• Is a self-starter with an ability to think “outside the box” while “inside” our church’s unique culture.
• Has a deep passion for the Bible, developing others, and personal ministry.
• Is looking for a place to plant themselves (we are looking for longevity, not someone climbing the corporate ladder).
• A seminary education with management education and/or experience would be a plus.
Email a cover letter, resume, and current photograph to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Job Title: Executive Pastor
Reports to: Senior Pastor
The Executive Pastor’s primary role is to partner with the Senior Pastor as the primary strategic implementer of our church-wide pursuit to develop Christ-centered people who make a difference. At a general level, this means that the Executive Pastor is responsible for translating the vision of the Elders and Senior Pastor into measurable goals and for creating systems and environments that will help our staff team succeed. In order to accomplish this, the Executive Pastor will have supervisory responsibility for most of the staff either directly or indirectly, oversees the day-to-day operations and the implementation of key initiatives, interfaces with congregational leadership groups, and is part of the staff "executive team" (along with the Senior Pastor and Ministry Directors) that establishes strategic direction and priorities for specific ministries within the church. The specific duties of the role are shaped to complement the Senior Pastor’s gifts and to fit the needs of the church. It is essential that the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor have a strong trust-based relationship that results in a seamless working partnership and an ability to speak with "one voice" on key issues.
The majority of the staff will report to the Executive Pastor, either directly or indirectly. Specific details of the organization chart will be determined by the Senior Pastor.
• Direct supervision of Ministry Directors (currently Adult Ministry Pastor, Children’s Director, Mission Pastor, Student Pastor, Business Manager, Worship Pastor).
• Indirect supervision of approximately 25-50 accompanying full and part-time support team members.
• Staff development using both in-house and using outside resources, individually and collectively to help the staff team function at a consistently high level.
• Primary responsibility (in collaboration with the Senior Pastor) for weekly staff meetings, leadership team meetings, and staff ad hoc committees.
• Manage the process for performance evaluation and improvement for all ministry staff.
• Oversee personnel budget, including system for annual salary increases.
• Create maintain and simplify communication, programming and alignment systems and structures to help the entire staff team thrive.
• Recommend changes in organizational structure and staff duties in line with changes in organizational priorities and needs.
• Work with Ministry Directors to provide oversight to the hiring process of all staff.
• Project staffing needs, making recommendations to the Senior Pastor and Elders regarding replacements, staff additions or changes in ministry responsibilities.
Collaborate with Senior Pastor, other staff members, and key lay leaders in establishing strategic direction/priorities for the church. An ability to see "deep and wide" is essential in this junction.
• Participate in (or lead) strategic planning efforts.
• Identify key implications of proposed initiatives.
• Work with staff/lay leaders to effectively assess and implement strategy based on ministry priorities.
• Liason with Deacon Board as the staff representative.
In conjunction with the Business Manager, oversee all financial matters of the church to provide the resources needed for ministry.
• Manage ministry teams’ preparation and approval of annual ministry budget.
• Work with the Business Administrator in conjunction with the Finance Committee to ensure that ministries operate within budget parameters and that the church’s overall financial position remains healthy.
• Recommend solutions for unexpected events - shortfalls in receipts, special needs, etc.
Church Governance and Policies
Through oversight of the Business Manager, ensure compliance with applicable laws and internal policies (HR Policies, Childcare Policies, etc…), recommending changes as needed.
Special Projects and Other Duties
All staff, including the Executive Pastor, are expected to have flexible, "can do" spirit to tackle duties that are not part of their normal job description. These may include handling a key part of major church-wide initiatives (e.g., capital campaigns, major outreach events) or providing extra leadership on major projects within a functional area (e.g., family worship services, communication launch, Entry Point…).
General Pastoral Leadership
The Executive Pastor functions both behind-the-scenes and up front. Much of the work described above focuses on facilitating the ministries of the church and may not be noticed by the general congregation. This position should be a visible part of McKinney’s leadership and includes building relationships with key leaders, other members, and visitors throughout the church. As a pastoral position, the Executive Pastor position includes serving as a part of the regular hospital visitation schedule and participation in personal ministry consistent with his gifts. It does not, however, include responsibilities for preaching, counseling, or other pastoral care ministries. Exceptions would be at the mutual agreement of the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor in pursuing the best interest of McKinney Church.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Lead PastorThe Vine Community Church
- Clovis, New Mexico
- October 27
Director of AdministrationTrinity Evangelical Free Church
- South Bend, Indiana
- October 27
Executive Pastor (#12140)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA South , Texas
- October 27
Executive PastorBakersfield First Assembly
- Bakersfield, California
- October 24
Executive PastorStonehill Church
- Meridian, Idaho
- October 21
McKinney is a non-denominational, non-charismatic Bible Church of 3000+ located in southwest Fort Worth, TX. For more information about our history, core values, and doctrinal statement, please visit our website at www.mckinneychurch.com. More...