This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Family Ministries
Wenatchee Free Methodist Church
Wenatchee, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 04/21/2010
Categories: Family Pastor
Denominations: Free Methodist
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Title: Pastor of Family Ministries
Position Summary: A full time salaried position providing oversight to the Family Ministries and the Family Ministries Team. This Pastor participates with the Equipping Staff in pastoral leadership and as such carries out the general functions of a pastor, especially for parents, students and children ministered to by the Family Ministries Team.
General Responsibilities - Regarding Family Ministries:
• Lead, cast vision, recruit, equip, and train directors, coordinators, volunteers and small group leaders, as you develop fully-formed followers of Jesus through transformational worship, connection and servanthood.
• Utilize the spiritual gift of teaching in any and all FMT segments as needed, but with priority attention to teaching/discipling in student ministries.
Relationships: Report directly to the Executive Pastor. Both answer to the Lead Pastor.
A. Family Ministries
• Meet regularly with FMT Directors, Coordinator(s), and Administrative Assistant(s) for communication, planning and accountability.
• Develop an overall program that promotes and encourages parents to be the primary discipling agents for their children. Seek to engage them in the FMT ministries.
• Oversee FMT department communications to parents concerning vision, programming and specialized age-level needs, including marriage, family and parent training options.
• Build a prayer base for ministry.
• Guide the development of all ministry and programs.
• Provide Biblical teaching and spiritual formation training for all, but especially for student ministries that is based on a tiered approach:
1. Entry Point (for those without a church background);
2. Growth/Nurture Point (for those who are part of the church); and
3. Radical Discipleship Point (for those who want to follow Jesus wholeheartedly).
B. Staff Responsibilities
• Minister from Wesleyan perspectives on doctrine, marriage, family and personal convictions.
• Work with FMT Directors to develop an annual budget for the department. Monitor income and expenditures, and assure adherence to the budget parameters.
• Attend bi-weekly meeting with the Executive Pastor and Staff meetings as scheduled.
• Assist in leading services, administering the sacraments of communion and baptism, preaching, teaching, performing weddings and funerals, etc., in fulfilling the role of an Elder.
• Any other specific duties as assigned by the Executive Pastor or Lead Pastor.