This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Pastor of Worship and Youth
Grace Brethren Church
Waterloo, Iowa, United States
Date Posted: 04/19/2010
Categories: Associate Pastor - Worship Pastor
Denominations: Grace Brethren
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Full-Time
ASSOCIATE PASTOR OF WORSHIP AND YOUTH
The Grace Brethren Church of Waterloo, Iowa is a family of believers with an active, living, growing faith in God through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We are actively involved in discipleship and in outreach ministries through community involvement and local, national and international missions. We are seeking an Associate Pastor to coordinate and oversee our Worship, Youth and Outreach ministries. It is our goal to have the man of God’s choosing in place by August of 2010.
Worship Ministry (15-20 hours per week)
• Oversee all musical, technical, administrative, and creative elements related to the worship ministry. Work with the Lead Pastor to plan the corporate worship gatherings.
• Lead the musical portion of the corporate worship gatherings.
• Lead, organize and equip the vocal, instrumental and other creative teams for the corporate worship gatherings.
• Maintain a repertoire of contemporary and multi-generational songs that encourage full audience participation. Intentionally introduce new songs into the repertoire, taking care to teach them to the congregation.
Youth Ministry (15-20 hours per week)
• Lead and coordinate the various youth activities for grades 6 - 12. These include regularly scheduled Sunday morning and Wednesday evening Bible studies, local and distant mission trips, camps, retreats and special events.
• Provide leadership training for youth and for adults working with youth. Recruit and train additional adults to work with youth.
• Build relationships with youth and parents by spending time with them in their environment – recreational activities, sporting events, recitals, musicals, plays, etc.
Outreach Ministry (5-10 hours per week)
• Plan, recruit workers and oversee corporate outreach events to our community.
• Partner with the Lead Pastor to provide evangelistic training opportunities for members of the congregation.
• Serve as a member of the Missions Commission and promote global mission opportunities at GBC.
• Be a man of mature Christian character whose life reflects the characteristics of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1 and serve as a member of the Waterloo Grace Brethren Church Elder Board.
• Subscribe to the Grace Brethren Church’s Statement of Faith found at: http://www.fgbc.org/whoarewe/covenant-and-statement-of-faith.cfm
• Possess a bachelor’s degree in music and/or youth ministry. A seminary degree is preferred.
• Have experience in leading worship or youth and in recruiting, training and motivating volunteers.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong organizational skills to manage the day-to-day operations of ministries with numerous volunteers, as well as plan and organize various events and activities.
• Strong interpersonal skills to work with groups of volunteers, staff, ministry leaders and church members in a highly visible ministry and create an atmosphere of team building and shared purpose.
• Flexible, humble, teachable spirit that is willing to work with a team to accomplish ministry goals.
• Strong working knowledge of contemporary worship music as well as familiarity with traditional hymns.
• Ability to read music and play guitar and/or piano (preferably guitar).
• General computer skills. Experience working with MS Office (to include PowerPoint) or equivalent software.
Contact Information: Interested persons should send a resume to Richard Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail resumes to Grace Brethren Church, Attn Richard Jensen, 1760 Williston Ave, Waterloo, IA 50702.