This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Youth Ministries
Oak Community Church
Hinsdale, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 04/16/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Oak Community Church is looking for an authentic follower of Jesus Christ, who is gifted and called to youth ministry. This person must be humble to serve, energetic to inspire, a good steward of finances and wise to lead students and volunteers in order to create environments in which a relationship with Jesus can be nurtured.
Position Title: Pastor of Youth Ministries
Responsibilities: Student ministry 5th through 12th grade
Reports to: Lead Pastor/Elders
Salary: $20K-$35K + parsonage, dependent on experience
• Born-again follower of Jesus Christ
• In agreement with the statements of faith, vision and mission of Oak Community Church www.oakcommunitychurch.com
• Genuine humility and love of God’s people
• Strong work ethic
• Model a lifestyle and attitude of worship at all times.
• Pray for the impact of the worship ministry
• Actively seeking to grow in your relationship with the Lord
Areas of Responsibility
9th -12th Grades - THE UNDERGROUND
1. Plan and conduct weekly large group
2. Organize and oversee weekly small group environments.
3. Plan and coordinate at least one special event per quarter, such as concert trips, retreats, service opportunities, fun activities, etc. (Maintain a file of parental permission slips at the church and emergency information for each student.)
4. Plan and lead one summer mission trip per year (domestic or abroad)
7th – 8th Grade - The RUSH
1. Plan and conduct weekly large group fun/teaching environments
2. Plan and coordinate at least one special event per quarter.
5th – 6th Grade - Route 56
1. Plan and conduct monthly large group events during the school year.
2. Coordinate Sunday Rt. 56 class during Sunday service with Oak Kids Church director. (You do not have to lead)
Oak Kids Ministry (Oversight not direction)
1. Oversee Oak Kids Church
2. Oversee Oak Kids Fall Christmas Pageant
3. Oversee Oak Kids Winter Sports Club
4. Oversee VBS
Responsibilities include calendar keeping, budget keeping, volunteer recruiting and training, long range goals, maintain website, Facebook accounts, etc, CDL for bus. (full list available)
Staff Expectations include, attendance at staff, elder and church meetings, 50% in office time (flexible), live in or near community, mentoring relationship with lead pastor, handle conflict in a biblical manner. (full list available)
• Student community is important. Students connect to the community of The Underground, The Rush or Route 56 then connect to Christ.
• Student ministry staff is what makes the ministry happen. A student’s immediate staff volunteer should be as trusted as the Pastor of Youth Ministry.