This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Midland Evangelical Free Church
Midland, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 08/16/2010
Categories: Business/Administration - Facilities Management
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Purpose: To directly oversee the financial affairs of the church while providing overall direction, directly or through others, to all business affairs of Midland Free.
• A heart for ministry at Midland Free
• Must be a committed Christian who is either a member of Midland Free or eligible for membership
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in business and/or ministry leadership positions with specific experience in financial and people management. Previous large church experience/exposure helpful.
• Must have strong administrative strengths including the ability to organize, plan, delegate, manage and execute tasks and programs.
• Must be familiar with business and financial computer systems i.e., database, spread sheet, word processing and email programs.
• Reports to the Executive Pastor
• Responsible for maintaining appropriate and accurate financial records, for proper financial management procedures and integrity, and for ensuring that Midland Free is in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), applicable federal and state laws, and Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA) standards. Duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
• Establishing and maintaining proper internal financial controls and policies, including proper separation of duties.
• Being responsible for daily/weekly cash flow management and reporting, including accounts payables and receivables, and all cash, stock, and non-cash contributions.
• Producing accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and maintaining individual contribution records and reporting of same to contributors on an appropriate basis.
• Completing payroll administration, including year end procedures and reports.
• Financial and accounting aspects of benefit administration, including worker’s compensation, medical/life/disability insurance.
• Being responsible for safekeeping of all funds, securities and fiduciary documents of the church including proper records retention practices.
• Be the primary church contact with the external auditing firm, including internal oversight of the audit process and implementation of audit recommendations. Be available to the Audit Committee upon request.
• Annual Budget Function: Responsible for developing and preparing the annual budget.
• Be the primary point person representing the church to all banks, investment institutions, and third party benefit administrators.
Other Business Affairs
• Maintain a professional working knowledge of church policies and practices to ensure compliance with all federal and state guidelines. These policies and procedures include, but not limited to: personnel, child abuse prevention, safety issues, facilities usage, wedding, funeral, etc. Develop and implement new policies and procedures when/if necessary.
• Ensure appropriate and adequate property and liability insurance coverages are in place.
• Serve as Midland Free’s point person on all legal and property affairs. These include, but are not limited to, liaison between attorneys, city and county officials, and Midland Chamber of Commerce.
• Being the emergency response contact person, including all injury and incident reports.
• Reviewing and signing all contracts that Midland Free enters into with outsides organizations for ministry, events, and business purposes.
• Be responsible for oversight of all facility maintenance, use and other related issues in concert with the Facility Manager.
• Ensure management of the church calendar including coordination and scheduling of use of facilities by Midland Free ministries and outside organizations.
• Coordinate, monitor and act as primary purchasing agent for procurement of equipment, furniture and fixtures, supplies and other items.
• Be responsible for the Information Management Systems and Technology resources such as computer needs and use, network requirements, software evaluation and purchase, Internet, electronic communications and website.
• Supervise, directly or through others, all administrative and support staff for personnel, benefit, and office protocol issues.
• Participate in recruiting, screening, recommendation of candidates for administrative and support staff positions, usually cooperating with ministry leaders/supervisors, hiring and completion of all necessary documentation.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date personnel files on administrative and support staff, and non-paid staff (volunteers).
• Be accountable for the development and satisfaction of all direct reports
• Attend weekly Pastoral Team meetings and other staff events as requested
• Serve on the Finance Committee of the Board of Elders
• Cooperate with the Executive Pastor by performing other duties as assigned