This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Worship
Grace Community Church
North Liberty, Iowa, United States
Date Posted: 06/25/2010
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Director of Worship
Reports To: Vocational Elders / Pastor of Ministry Development
Prepared Date: June 2010
Start Date: ASAP
Administers and develops the worship arts ministry for Grace Community: This includes recruitment, training, and leading of our primary worship team; developing multiple teams and their leadership for other venues and eventual satellites, and to oversee and make recommendations of all technological aspects in the auditorium.
The overall emphasis of this position is to create a culture of worship where people go beyond worship as simply a Sunday morning experience. This staffed position includes duties pertaining to three main areas. Each of these duties will require musical skill, spiritual shepherding, and organizational energy. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Oversight and direction of Grace Community Church main campus Praise team…
• Responsible for discerning the musically gifted and interested and be able to recruit and equip those persons for the ministry of music, enabling a broader participation from the church body.
• Working closely with the vocational elder team in planning each weekly service including selecting music and other aspects of worship arts which reflects the vision and mission of Grace Community to Bring In, Build Up, and Branch Out!
• Organizing and executing weekly practice and rehearsals. Lead practice and help vocalist and instrumentalists see their participation is an act of worship, not performance.
• Assist with creation of weekly worship service plan and discern how to recruit and equip individuals for leadership in worship, possibly involving people in non-musical roles.
• Serve praise team as a spiritual shepherd.
• Schedule and lead additional practices and events as needed.
2. Oversight and development of multiple Praise teams…
• Develop multiple teams.
• Individually mentor and equip men to lead other worship teams for either rotation on main campus and or leadership on other separate campuses.
• Assist elder team in launching satellite churches by training and equipping other worship teams.
3. Oversight and development of Worship Technology…
• Directs all technical aspects of sound, lighting, video, etc. affecting the worship service.
• Work closely with Director of Technology
• Work closely with and oversee Projection/Video/Light Team…
• Assist elder team in launching satellite churches by helping determine and implementing technological needs including but not limited to sound, lighting, and projection.
• Selects music or video to accommodate talents and abilities of group and to suit the contemporary worship style.
• Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions as pertaining to sound, audio, and visual technology.
• Develop a long-range worship plan in collaboration with the Elder Team.
• Lead and/or assist with planning for special events.
• Eventually expand and oversee other areas of worship arts (drama, dance, etc.)
• Leave all needed music information in the church office by Thursday.
• Directs the set-up and tear-down of music equipment/stage as necessary.
• Ensure proper sound protocol and usage for all church events
• Keeps inventory of all musical and technical equipment.
• Assists in annual budget preparation concerning worship ministry.
• Continually work on developing and improving personal skills for use in ministry so that the worship ministry can grow in this congregation. Participation in workshops, conferences, seminars, etc. is encouraged and expected.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Spiritual maturity and commitment to a Christian life style
• Ability to shepherd volunteer musicians
• Organization, administrative, and leadership skills
• Ability to motivate musicians and technical team members
• Dependable, responsible, self-motivated and creative
• Ability to lead worship and to train others as individual and team worship leaders
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Skilled as a worship team leader and mentor
• Experience with technical aspects of contemporary services (sound boards, lighting, video, etc.)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Exhibits a passion for God and a Christ-like spirit as evidenced in his personal life, his family relationships, and his ministry. He nurtures his inner self through a disciplined life of daily fellowship with God in prayer and Bible study.
• The ability to work efficiently and effectively in team situations is critical, as well as the ability to work independently.
• Must possess solid time management skills and organizational abilities. The ability to coordinate several activities at once and to quickly analyze and resolve specific problems are important. Regular office hours are expected and should be approved with the vocational elder team. Work hours will average 40-50 hours per week including time spent at the worship service.
• The ideal candidate should be creative, detail oriented, flexible, and decisive with the ability to organize and coordinate work, set priorities, and motivate others.
• Overall this position is expected to be an effective model in leading, loving and mobilizing from their home. I Tim 3.
To bring in, build up and branch out to the glory of God.
Grace Community Church exists to bring the people of our community into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ through the witness of the church in the power of the Holy Spirit.
Grace Community Church exists to build up and equip those who have trusted Christ into mature Christians who reflect their Savior in word and lifestyle.
Grace Community Church exists to branch out its members to minister to one another and to reach out to the world starting with our own community.
Seeking a man to join pastoral team who aspires to meet the criteria of I Timothy 3 and Titus 1. Must have had prior worship leading and technical development experience.
Grace Community Church is located just outside of Iowa City, IA and is poised for considerable growth within the next 10 years. Our current attendance is a little over1000 people on an average Sunday. The University of Iowa is located just a few miles from the church campus. Being located in a university town with a world-class medical hospital positions us to literally see hundreds of new faces through the church doors or outreaches in a given year. Our county is noted as one of the fastest growing counties in the U.S. Interested in joining us for impact? Contact us.