This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Ministries Director
The Life Christian Church
West Orange, New Jersey, United States
Date Posted: 04/15/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
The Life Christian Church in West Orange, NJ seeks a full-time Children's Ministries Director to be responsible for leading and guiding all aspects of programming for children, infants to 6th grade. The purpose of this position is to lead Children's Ministries and to inspire every child to grow in their life with God and to learn, live, and lead as authentic followers of Jesus Christ.
Responsibilities will include:
• Lead children’s programs for children birth to 6th grade
• Continue the development of a strategic plan for Children’s Ministry at TLCC that identifies what we want children to know (including skills, concepts, and key Bible verses, concepts, and stories), experience, and practice from birth to grade 6.
• Manage 3 weekend services
• Oversee a team of adult volunteers including recruitment, training, ongoing support and evaluation
• Begin weekday programs for children such as bible studies, Pioneer girls, etc.
• Schedule and monitor volunteer team for special events
• Facilitate regular parent communication and launch “Family Nights.”
• Collaborate with church staff team to design learning opportunities that align with larger church goals and objectives
• Additional projects and tasks as needed
Education and Experience
• Background in early childhood and/or elementary education preferred
• Prior experience leading children’s ministry preferred
• Prior experience leading and managing teams preferred
Skills and Knowledge
• Ability to think innovatively and creatively about children’s programs
• Strong strategic planning skills
• Strong organizational and follow-through skills
• Ability to set a vision and inspire others
To apply, please submit your resume and a one page cover letter to Jessica Edelman at firstname.lastname@example.org