This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
High School Youth Pastor
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Date Posted: 08/11/2010
Categories: Family Pastor - Youth Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Thriving church of 1200+ is searching for a High School Youth Pastor who’s energized about partnering with parents in the development of youth and in playing an integral role on our Family Ministry Team.
This person will be familiar with and believe in the “Orange” philosophy of Family Ministry; possess a deep understanding of the developmental journey and critical issues facing youth and their parents; and will value being part of a team that leads a Family Ministry committed to creating healthy transitions for students from birth thru college and twenty-something’s. If you can describe yourself as "mature, energetic, out-of-the-box thinker, creative" and have the following experience, we would like to hear from you.
• 4-7 YEARS experience as a SENIOR HIGH YOUTH Pastor in a large (500+) local church.
• Experience in supervising and developing both paid and volunteer leaders.
• A minimum of a Bachelors degree from an accredited university.
Jacob’s Well is a 9 year old church that exists to meet people wherever they are on their spiritual journey and to take steps together to know and become more like Jesus.
Please check out our church web site at www.jacobswellec.org.
See Job Description Below:
High School Youth Pastor
Focus of Position
An integral part of the Family Ministry team helping make the vision and five commitments a reality in the lives of high school youth with the potential for position development into the role of Family Ministry Pastor.
1. A Christ follower who demonstrates the character qualifications of 1st Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1.
2. Possesses a strong commitment to the vision, statement of faith, and the family ministry philosophy of Jacob’s
3. A member of Jacob’s Well and a commitment to live by the church covenant.
4. An emotionally and relationally healthy person.
5. Ability to take direction (follow), manage influence (lead), and work as a team member with others.
6. Has a pastor’s heart, gift of leading and shepherding, and a unique ability and passion to effectively speak and
connect with youth and their families.
7. Self motivated, action oriented, extrovert who values people over program and is committed to leadership
development/leading thru others.
8. Has a deep understanding of the developmental journey and critical issues facing youth and parents.
1. Partner with Middle School Pastor and (future) College/Twentysomethings Pastor and parents to provide seamless
transitions at critical times in the lives of Youth and their families.
2. Plan, lead, and execute a high school youth ministry of students, by students, and for students that will prepare
them to be the kinds of adults who will one day lead at home, church, and in the community.
3. Partner with the parents of students thru exceptional communication, relationship, care and teaching, and the
creation of tools for parents to use with their students.
4. Identify, recruit, develop, lead, and shepherd adult volunteers and teams to serve in high school youth that furthers
a generational influence in the lives of Youth and their families.
5. Significantly contribute to the creation and deepening of a culture at Jacob’s Well that develops, supports, and
celebrates other adults influencing the lives of students.
6. Plan, develop, and carry out/oversee weekly high school gathering:
• Furthering the vision and family ministry philosophy.
• Successfully engages and connects with Students.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the scope and sequence necessary to meet students where they
are on their journey and challenges students to take next steps.
• Provides opportunity for students to engage the five commitments.
7. Assist in providing pastoral care and participate in the pastoral care rotation to students and the people of Jacob’s
Well as needed or assigned by the Lead or Executive Pastor.
8. Be available to speak on the weekend at the request of the Lead Pastor.
9. Be available and responsive to other ministry/pastoral responsibilities as assigned by the Lead or Executive
1. Accountable to the Pastors and Overseers of the church
2. Reports weekly to the Family Ministry Pastor or Executive Pastor for accountability, support and development, and
communication of ministry progress and strategy.
3. Functions as a healthy, contributing member of the Family Ministry Team.
4. Pastors the support staff and those serving in high school ministry area.
5. Attends weekly staff meetings.
6. Maintains healthy relationships (see church covenant and Matt. 18)
PLEASE SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO Sally Sweet, HR Administrator at email@example.com. Please no phone calls.