This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director/Pastor of Children's Ministry
Memorial Bible Church
Yakima, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 04/13/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor - Other
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
DIRECTOR/PASTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRY
MBC is a rapidly growing church that is committed to helping people meet Jesus and be radically changed by Him. This full-time position is responsible for overseeing, developing, and implementing effective ministry to children, birth through 6th grade. The Director/Pastor of Children’s Ministry must be a leader of leaders, highly relational, and have a team mentality as they lead staff and volunteer teams to develop children spiritually through the weekend/special ministries and events. The ideal candidate for this position will have a passion for Jesus Christ, the vision of MBC, and an undying love for children.
The Person We Are Looking for:
1. A person of integrity. An individual with a passion for God, a good knowledge of the Bible, and a good reputation for both kindness and character.
2. Passionate about children. An individual who loves kids and is loved by kids.
3. A servant-leader. Individual must be a servant of others. Also, able to recruit, develop, and train CM teams. An individual who can make substantial changes with kindness and handle conflict with both assertiveness and grace.
4. A team player. An individual who is committed to the team-ministry concept. An individual who develops children ministry teams as well as positively and productively participates as part of the pastoral team.
5. A hard worker. An individual is committed to assuring quality children’s ministries on a weekly basis. This requires a person to handle multiple and diverse responsibilities in an effective and efficient fashion.
6. Generous. A leader who gives generously – to give at least a tithe of their income to the church.
7. A specialist in Children’s Ministry. In individual who has a proven track record of leading a growing CM program in an outwardly-focused church.
8. Committed to a relational approach to ministry. An individual who has been/is committed to developing positive and growing relationships with pastoral staff, volunteer staff, CM volunteers, and children.
9. In agreement with our basic beliefs. We are an evangelical non-denominational church (See statement of beliefs).
*Individuals interested in applying for this position may send their resume and cover letter (addressing the minimum qualifications) either electronically or by postal mail to:
Children’s Ministry Search Team
Memorial Bible Church
111 Old Stage Way
Yakima, WA 98908
Tel: (509) 966-6500 / Fax: (509) 965-2057
The Job Description
Director/Pastor of Children’s Ministry
(Full-time salaried employee)
This full-time position is responsible for overseeing, developing, and implementing effective ministry to children, birth through 6th grade. The Director/Pastor of Children’s Ministry must be a leader of leaders, highly relational, and have a team mentality as they lead staff and volunteer teams to develop children spiritually through the weekend/special ministries and events. The ideal candidate for this position will have a passion for Jesus Christ, the vision of MBC, and an undying love for children.
• Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Demonstrate a maturing example of the pastoral requirements found in I Timothy 3.
• Possess a strong work ethic and commitment to assuring quality children’s ministries on a weekly basis.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in education or related field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A minimum of two years successful experience leading children’s ministries in an outwardly-focused church.
• A passion and love for working with children & their families.
• Demonstrate a history of compassionate, generous, and effective recruiting, equipping, leadership, and team building in children’s ministries.
• Demonstrate an understanding of child development, learning styles, and age-appropriate children’s curriculum.
• Demonstrate a history of being a team player that places the overall good of the local church above the goals of individual ministries.
• Experience working cooperatively and productively with other staff members.
• Demonstrate a teachable, flexible, loyal, and positive attitude.
• Agreement with the MBC Statement of Beliefs.
• A Master’s Degree OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Successful experience leading children’s ministries in a church of 500 -1500 in size.
• Three years experience leading children’s ministries in an outwardly-focused church.
• Plan, oversee, & insure weekly children’s ministries.
• Oversee the development and implementation of strategies that engage children in dynamic spiritual experiences that lead them to encounter Jesus and be radically changed by Him.
• Continually evaluate trends in Children’s Ministry, implementing the best quality programming for children at MBC while evaluating sustainability with volunteer staffing.
• Create and maintain safe, sustainable, & operable Children’s Ministry environments and policies.
• Recruit, equip, lead, love, and nurture Children’s Ministry volunteers.
• Proactively evaluate and recommend solutions for expanding ministry needs (e.g. physical space, staffing, financial resources, etc.)
• Set and align the annual vision, budget, and goals for all children ministry programs with the overall vision and goals of MBC.
• Manage with integrity the annual budget for Children’s Ministry.
• Attend and participate in staff meetings.
• Meet with your supervisor at least one time each week, or as requested, to continually evaluate and plan children ministries.
• Guard the confidentiality of MBC members, MBC matters, and Board information.
• Carry out all other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Wages, Hours, & Benefits:
• Salary: DOQ.
• Hours: 48-50 hours per week / work week is generally 5 ½ days.
• Health benefits provided.
• Vacation leave, sick leave, and holiday leave are available for this position.
• L & I coverage is provided for the employee by MBC.
• Unemployment Insurance is not available for this position.