This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Pastor, Youth
Berean Bible Church
Livonia, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 07/07/2010
Categories: Associate Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Full-Time
POSITION AND CHURCH DESCRIPTION
Associate Pastor, Youth
Berean Bible Church
Overview of the Position: Responsible for the leadership and development of the Youth Ministries of Berean Bible Church by developing a ministry that will train and equip Middle and High School students to be effective disciples of Jesus Christ.
Reports To: Senior Pastor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for the leadership of Berean Bible Church’s Youth Ministry (Middle and High School), which will include both day-to-day, as well as strategic initiatives.
· Present a clear vision and philosophy of Youth ministry that is in harmony with our church for growth to the youth, parents and lay staff.
· Staff Recruitment and Training.
· Curriculum design
· Provide regular updates on the Youth Ministry to the Senior Pastor and Board of Elders, including updates at regular monthly board meetings.
· Other duties, which may occur and are mutually agreed upon by the Senior Pastor and Associate Pastor, Youth to further the mission of Berean Bible Church.
Personal (I Timothy 3:1-7 & Titus 1:5-9)
· The qualifications for Associate Pastor are delineated in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. He must prove himself faithful and able to guide others by managing his own household well; should have believing and obedient children.
· He should have a good reputation both inside the church family and in the community.
· He should be beyond reproach in his financial matters.
· He should not be selfish, quick-tempered, violent or overly interested in material things.
· He should demonstrate a love for people, mature, well-balanced and self-controlled.
· Undergraduate degree from an accredited College or University or equivalent experience.
· Prior experience serving in Youth ministry, either at the lay or staff level preferred.
· Be willing to enhance his education through seminars, conferences and academic courses.
· Have a passion and burden for serving Middle School and High School ages.
· Have a strong ability to shepherd, lead and motivate Youth to use their gifts and to apply God’s Word.
· Be a gifted, formally trained and skilled in the teaching of God’s Word.
· Be an example in adhering to the doctrinal position, constitution, by-laws and policies of Berean Bible Church.
· Have a clear ability to articulate the Youth ministry’s vision.
· Have a passion for sharing the Gospel.
· Be approachable and exhibit strong pastoral care qualities.
· Be involved in training, equipping and discipling others for the work of the ministry
· Have a participative leadership style that works with groups to arrive at a decision and is willing to delegate work and tasks to others.
CHURCH SUMMARY PROFILE
NAME: Berean Bible Church PHONE: 734-425-5585
ADDRESS: 35375 Ann Arbor Trail
CITY, STATE, ZIP Livonia, MI 48150
CONTACT: Mike Joseph, Elder
COMMUNITY: Suburban Population 87,000
ATTENDANCE: Active Members 70+ Non-Members 70 Family Units 60 Board Members 4
Sunday school 100 Morning 135 Midweek / Youth / Awana 70
EVANGELISM & MISSIONS: We currently support 3 Missionaries and one Christian Organization.
Youth Outreach Program for Summer Trips
FELLOWSHIP: We are an Independent Bible Church with affiliation with National Association of Evangelicals.
FINANCES: The average general giving for the past six months is $ 2,910.00 each week. There is no indebtedness other than operating expenses for the church each month.
PASTOR: Pastor Scott Davis is a graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary with a Masters Degree in Theology, he and his wife Lori began serving the church in January 2010. His mission is to grow Disciples of Jesus Christ for HIS service in our community and beyond.
POLITY: The church uses an eldership form of government. It is composed of a pastor and elders who are answerable to the congregation. Elders act jointly in collective leadership and share equal authority and responsibility, the pastor is recognized as “first among equals.”
PROPERTY & BUILDINGS: Acres 8.75 Auditorium Seating 200 Built in 1961 Valued at $ 2,100,000.00 Church Plant & Office 17,000 sq ft class room & meeting areas
HISTORY: Incorporated in 01/15/1960
Please appply online at firstname.lastname@example.org and send your resume to the attention of Mike Joseph;
or contact Mike Joseph, Elder, Berean Bible Church at 734-658-2954.