This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister of Worship and Youth
First Christian Church
Charleston, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 06/24/2010
Categories: Combo Positions - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Full-Time
Worship Minister Job Description
1. Provide overall vision, leadership and development of the worship ministry.
2. Individual must set a good example in the areas of spiritual disciplines, relationships, commitment and follow-through.
3. Supervise and lead the worship planning team, ensemble/vocalists, sound & tech, drama, and multimedia.
Talents and abilities desired
1. Good organizational skills
2. Technologically savvy
3. Knowledge in music theory
4. Effective worship leader
5. An accomplished musician
6. Strong vocal ability
7. Capable on guitar and/or piano
1. Christian/Bible college degree
2. Two years minimum of leadership/worship leading experience.
Other Core Areas of Strength
The following responsibilities reflect areas of ministry that need to be fulfilled at FCC, but can be tailored to fit the candidate who excels in music/worship.
2. Web technology
1. Can both lead and thrive in a team-based environment.
2. Teachable, responsive, and respectful of authority.
3. Pastoral presence on the platform, with an ability to engage the heart of the people
through music and words.
4. Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture.
5. Able to mentor others with wisdom and grace.
1. A mature, growing believer with a clear understanding of the Gospel, along with the ability to clearly communicate it.
2. Committed to spiritual integrity and artistic excellence.
3. Committed to the community of FCC.
4. In agreement with FFC’s doctrine, mission, and values
1. This is a full-time position
2. Salary: competitive salary will be commensurate with experience and skill.
First Christian Church is a totally independent, non-charismatic congregation.
Send resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org