We are committed to creating a church that unchurched people love to attend. In the past 15 months we have seen 1000+ new people begin attending.
Most of these families are "dechurched" (had some type of interaction with church as a kid, but stopped attending because of irrelevance, legalism, hypocrisy, etc.). We are expecting this trend to continue as more of our families are reaching out to their neighbors, family members, coworkers and friends who are far from God and inviting them to our weekend services. Once here, we are committed to plugging them into small group environments where they can begin to grow in their relationship with Christ.We are looking for a strong leader who is committed to the same core values that we hold in our Children's Ministry...
• Partnering with parents (we are structured around the Orange philosophy of Reggie Joiner)
• Relational discipleship (committed small group leaders who are consistent in a child's life)
• Teaching Biblical truth in a fun and relevant way
• Merging with the overall church (we aren't interested in created ministry silos)Because of the leadership demands of this position the following requirements are necessary:
• At least 3 years experience as a Children’s Pastor in a church of 1,000+ weekend attendance
• The ability to manage paid staff and 150+ volunteers
• Enjoy being a team builder, leader developer, problem solver, and vision caster
• Excited about leading in a culture of constant evaluation, leadership development, and improvementAre you interested in joining a staff team that is on a relentless pursuit to reach families who are far from God, see them accept Christ, and then grow in their love for Him? Does it excite you to be in a church that is expanding at a rate that creates many growing pains? (facility, budget, staff needs, recruiting demands, etc.)Do you desire to be in a church committed to changing the perception of church for thousands of people here in Indianapolis?If this is you we would love to open a conversation with you. Please EMAIL your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com.Here's a little more about our church...
Four years ago our current senior pastor (who was the youth pastor here) took over from the founding pastor of 30 years. Our church grew from 2,000 people to 1,000 people in a little over a year. In the middle of extremely difficult times he stayed committed to a vision of not being a traditional church for churched people, but becoming an evangelistically focused church committed to seeing people who were sitting at home on Sundays discover a relationship with Christ and grow in that relationship. We now have nearly 2,500 people attending each weekend. We are experiencing some amazing momentum right now with people accepting Christ and reconnecting to a church that is relevant and challenging their lives. Our prayer is that God will allow us to see thousands more people in our community reconnect to Him in the next few years.