This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Help Staff Me
Plainview, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 05/15/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Assemblies of God
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
SEND RESUMES TO: RYAN@HELPSTAFF.ME
1. Must be a Spirit-Filled Believer as defined by Statement of Fundamental Truths.
2. Must be (or become) an Active Member of First Assembly and faithfully fulfill all of the responsibilities of an Active Member. (i.e. Tithing, Attendance, Participation, Harmony with Fellowship, etc.)
3. Must posses and maintain a high standard of integrity, both professionally and personally.
4. Must possess and demonstrate quality preaching and teaching gifts, with an uncompromising commitment to Preaching and Teaching the Full Gospel with specific agreement with the A/G Statement of Fundamental Truths.
5. Must possess the ability to get along with people, as well as possess and continue to develop, leadership (people) skills and administrative (organizational) skills.
6. Must possess knowledge of general church organization/planning, policy, and procedures.
7. Must possess computer skills, combined with being willing and prepared to take further computer training to develop the maximum skills required to achieve ministerial responsibilities.
8. Must be enrolled in annual “Continuing Education Course(s)” to enhance educational and/or ministry skills.
1. Responsible for ministry to all children in the church (beginning with infants and ending with grade 6 students):
• Develop age appropriate ministries to reach all the children in the church.
• Equip, recruit, train and lead adults to assist in reaching students in each age grouping for Christ.
• Develop and promote vital congregational-size and celebration experiences.
• Plan, schedule and coordinate large group meetings, retreats, trips, etc.
• Develop a feeder system from each age grouping for their next step in First Assembly ministry.
• Develop student leadership teams and opportunities to serve.
• Create and implement a cohesive plan for service and mission in the local community, nation and world.
2. Serve as primary leader and communicator for a weekend service targeted at children.
3. Communicate the overall vision, goals and strategy of the children’s ministries to the parents and church.
4. Partner with parents to help them realize God's dream for their child with the goal to produce youth who are authentic disciples of Christ reaching others for Christ with the purpose of evangelism and discipleship.
5. Assist the Senior Pastor in the implementation of the vision and goals for the ministry of First Assembly of God.
6. Assist the other pastors in providing care to the congregation.
7. Assist with the upkeep of the church website as well as various media projects relating to First Assembly.
8. Perform all other duties assigned by the Senior Pastor.
9. Assist in Assimilation Ministry.
10. Assist in Children’s Missions (BGMC) planning and preparation.
1. The Children’s Pastor shall maintain regular office hours as defined by the Senior Pastor as well as being available as needed by the Senior Pastor, or as a need may arise, and by being faithful in attendance to all church services, and as much as possible to various departmental church events and activities.
2. The children’s pastor shall be directly responsible to the Senior Pastor and will meet with him weekly. He shall also maintain a healthy relationship with all pastoral staff, as well as all office staff/secretaries, board members, lay leaders, volunteers, and the congregation.
3. In order to reach maximum effectiveness, the children’s pastor shall be acquainted with all of the ministries of the church, as well as endeavoring to constantly expand his relationship/friendship circle among the congregation.