Description of City: Clovis, New Mexico is a city of approxiamately 30,000 people.
It is the largest city for 100 mile radius in a largely agricultural rural area. Besides ranching and dairy farming, the other large employers are the railroad and Cannon Air Force Base. Clovis is near the Texas border and consequently it is culturally part of the Bible belt. There is a good mix of races here, with Asians experiencing the largest percentage of growth. The best feature of Clovis is the unity in the body of Christ. There is a ministerial alliance and many informal associations that cross denominational lines. In recent years several large campaigns by all the churches in Clovis have yielded very positive results, including the purchase of the former county hospital for use as a ministry center. Description of Kingswood and Trinity United Methodist Church:
These churches were founded in the post-World War II baby-boom in a growing suburb of Clovis. By the mid-sixties, these churches had flourishing ministries. From that highwater mark, Trinity and Kingswood have declined as Methodism in general has declined. These churches still have fantastic buildings in good repair, but the median age is 60 plus.A survey by a Christian statistics group showed the neighborhood shared by Trinity and Kingswood is one of the least church-attending populations in Clovis. New families are moving into our neighborhood and our two churches are restructuring programs to minister to our neighbors. Job Description: The Youth Director will teach and promote understanding of the Christian vocation in the daily life of the youths in our congregations.
* This is done through the regular worship times of the churches and through programs developed by the Youth Director with the assistance of the Youth Council.
* The Youth Director is an advocate for the inclusion of the youth in all the ministries of KUMC and TUMC.
* The position of Youth Director is very "relational" and excellent interpersonal skills like listening, and compassion for youth, are a must.
* Volunteers are central to youth ministries and the Youth Director is responsible to recruit and train these volunteers.
* It is also the duty of the Youth Director to insure that background check paperwork is properly completed on each volunteer and submitted according to church policy.
* Kingswood UMC and Trinity UMC have "Safe Sanctuaries" policies that help protect children and adults when implemented correctly.
* It is expected that the Youth Director will be familiar with these policies and will develop their ministry along these guidelines. To apply for this position please forward by EMAIL your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org