This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship and Arts Pastor
Calvary Bible Fellowship
Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 04/06/2010
Categories: Media/Technology - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Position : Director of Worship Ministries and Creative Arts
Calvary Bible Fellowship, Sinking Spring, PA, is seeking an experienced full-time person to provide leadership for a variety of instrumentalists, vocalists, choir, ensembles, and audio/video technicians. We are looking for a team player who has a passion for worship, a servant’s heart, proven musical skills, and creativity. This person should also possess the ability to develop growing musicians as well as direct experienced musicians to lead congregation members into heartfelt worship. Our ideal candidate will be able to lead a program with live band/orchestra, drama, multimedia and other arts. He must also be a team builder - recruiting others to join in the creative expression of worship. Leading from an instrument (keyboard/guitar) is a plus but he must be a worshipper himself, engaging the heart of the believer in worship and introducing the unchurched to a God who loves them. He will be a self-motivator who will assist us in growing to meet the needs of an ever-changing culture without compromising the life-changing Gospel.
An undergraduate degree in music is preferred.
Calvary Bible Fellowship Church is a multi-generational congregation with a regular attendance of over 900. We are committed to providing contrasting services in contemporary and blended worship styles. CBFC is a member of the Bible Fellowship Church community [something else about the church in the denomination]. For more information about Calvary Bible Fellowship Church, visit our website at www.cbfc.net.
* Lead God’s people to worship through music.
* Work in concert with the pastoral staff, taking a leadership role in planning church services and events.
* Working through ministry teams, provide a dynamic worship experience that engages the minds and hearts of the people of the church community through music and other creative arts.
* Develop teams that continue to grow in technical proficiency as well as spiritual development.
* Encourage participation and growth within the music ministry and creative leadership team.
* Help to implement a strategy in your specific area of ministry to embody the mission of Calvary Bible Fellowship Church.
* Oversee additional ministry where gifts, interests, and church needs coincide. (examples: Christian education, worship, creative programming, special events, etc).
* Be available to lead worship for other ministry areas of the church when scheduling allows.
* Work up to fifty (50) hours per week with a balance between administrative obligations, the work of the church community, contacts within our church community and activities related to your ministry.
* Recruit, schedule, and confirm musicians for multiple services.
* Participate and take a leadership role in developing a program calendar for the church at least six months into the future that includes regular Sunday service themes, special events, and creative integration with the ongoing ministry of the church community.
* Be involved in a network of worship leaders in the eastern Pennsylvania region and work to promote unity among evangelical churches especially among worship professionals.
* Attend the weekly staff meetings, report on important developments in your area of ministry, and work with other staff members in humility to maintain and build peace and unity within the staff and body.
* Continue your spiritual walk as you work on personal growth and development that as you champion our church including, but not limited to, personal daily quiet time, professional development in music and worship, involvement in small group ministry and attendance at our weekly services.
Application Process and Deadline
Please provide a current resume including a personal profile and contact information. The resume should include education, training in music, drama and any other forms of artistic expression, job history, supervisory and other experience related to the position, references, and any other information that would be helpful in evaluating the applicant. Resume tapes or discs may also be provided. Resumes should be sent to the attention of Pastor Sloan and may be sent electronically firstname.lastname@example.org ; or mailed to Worship Search, Calvary Bible Fellowship Church, 4891 Penn Avenue, Sinking Spring, PA, 19608.
Applications will be screened for desired qualifications. Only the most qualified applicants will be invited to continue in the selection process. Selected applicants will participate in a comprehensive assessment of experience, talent and ability. Candidates invited to continue in the process must successfully pass a comprehensive background review. Calvary Bible Fellowship Church reserves the right to reject any or all applicants.