This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship Arts Pastor
Cascade Community Church
Monroe, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 04/06/2010
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
If interested in applying, please use the following link and submit the items requested in the Introduction Letter:
POSITION SUMMARY: The Worship Arts Pastor’s primary role is to carry out the vision and strategy of worship at Cascade Community Church (CCC). This person must possess the ability to exhibit the qualities worship (humility, teach ability, gratitude, service, and praise) and will oversee ministries that allow the congregation to encounter God in a manner consistent with the stated purpose, vision, and strategy of CCC. This position, under guidance from the lead and associate pastors, will provide the direction and oversight in providing worship events to the other ministries of CCC.
This position will be part of the Pastoral Team and will serve as a team member for implementing the vision and mission of Cascade Community Church.
A. Bachelors Degree with a focus in Biblical Studies and or Theology
B. Min. of 5 years exp. in leading worship ministries: a skilled musician with exp. in other aspects of performance arts
C. Licensed and Ordained
D. Ability to effectively communicate and teach God’s word to large and small groups
E. Mature Christian who meets biblical qualifications for leadership (I Tim 3:1-13)
F. Have evidence of shepherding skills (coaching, mentoring and counseling)
G. Demonstrated ability to work as a team member with pastors, staff, and volunteers
H. Effective communication skills (oral and written)
I. Demonstrated ability to recruit, supervise, train, and evaluate volunteers, including students and interns
J. Possess strong interpersonal relational skills and positive conflict resolution abilities
K. Demonstrated ability to develop, communicate and produce a well articulated vision in worship and performing arts
A. Position Responsibilities Common to all Pastors
1. Engage in an ongoing pursuit of a deeper spiritual maturity:
a) Knowing who God is
b) Knowing and Understanding who you are
c) Integrating the knowledge of God and self into one’s life
2. Submit to and engage in supporting the Vision, Mission and values of CCC as well as adhere to the stated policies and procedures
3. Act diligently to implement the value of replication in all ministry endeavors by developing others through mentorship programs, intern programs and leader development activities
4. Work collaboratively and holistically with the other ministries of CCC to accomplish the Vision and Mission of CCC
a) Guide and administer assigned ministries.
b) Identify, train and lead volunteers in accomplishing the goals of the assigned ministries.
5. Effectively communicate, orally and in writing, to various audiences about the goals of the ministries
6. Provide to requesting individuals general Biblical counseling within the guidelines established by CCC
7. Administer area/ministry budget within the parameters and allocation established by CCC
8. Prepare a yearly calendar of ministry activities and events.
B. Responsibilities Specific to Worship Ministry
Equip and develop leaders and participants in the following areas:
a. Worship Arts
i. Oversee and develop programs and personnel for all worship teams, choirs, ensembles, soloists, special groups and other entities related to the worship arts for all ministries
ii. Interview, audition and approve the qualifications of all musicians, vocalists or participants utilized in public worship and/or church productions
b. Congregational Worship Services
i. Work with the Creative Team and Lead Pastor to plan, develop and maintain a yearly and weekly calendar for worship service themes and creative components
ii. Assist and support other staff in planning or coordinating programs related to Worship Arts
iii. Recruit, train and supervise personnel in the delivery of other worship service elements specific to the intended service program
a. Develop and implement production plans and technical requirements for successful and effective presentation of all events
b. Recruit, train and manage the production staff (sound, lighting, Power Point, coordinators) for events
a. Planning: Develop, implement and oversee the worship arts program in a manner that develops leaders and a team approach in achieving the stated vision, strategy, and outcomes of church worship and programming.
b. Staff Development: Recruit, train, equip, place, and evaluate all paid and volunteer members of the Worship Arts ministry.
This position requires conducting job responsibilities on Sundays, some evenings, and special performances as scheduled. The position requires oral and written communication skills. The position is expected to respond to crises events 24/7.
• Reports To: Associate Pastor for Inside Ministries
• This position is a twelve-month salaried position Salary and benefits as determined by the current salary schedule of Cascade Community Church. The position is governed by the policies and procedures set forth in the Personnel Handbook for Cascade Community Church. Performance on this job will be evaluated in accordance with Church policies