This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Missional MInistries
Montgomery Community Church
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 04/02/2010
Categories: Evangelism Pastor - Missions/Domestic
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
The Director of Missional Ministries provides strong, crucial leadership for all missional and evangelism opportunities for the church. Missional living is not just missions; it is an evangelistic mentality that seeks to bless others for the purposes of Christ. With a comprehensive understanding of this vision, he is a major player in the church’ s overall strategy. Everything else in the church aims to get people into missional living. Therefore he works with other key leaders to create multiple opportunities for people to get outside themselves for Christ’s Kingdom.
• To shape a culture of missional living so that people are inspired to reach beyond themselves with the truth and life of Christ.
• To integrate this culture of missional living with the culture of equipping and worship through an overall team approach to church ministry.
• To inspirationally lead people—as individuals and groups—to participate in various opportunities that missionally touch our city and world as loving, evangelistic touches of Christ.
• To open partnerships of ministry with other city ministries so that our church can serve with them to reach the city.
• To train the congregation in the practice of evangelism and apologetics.
• To teach in strategic settings so that he models and inspires missional living.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Passion for the salvation and blessing of people
• An ease of friendliness with people
• Spiritual gifts of evangelism and leadership
• Multi-tasking and team-building skills
• Strong initiative and networking skills
• At least two years experience in an evangelistic or missional organization
• Masters level of education preferred, but not required